Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Help.I need a deep at home face peel

I need some help. My face is showing signs of sun damage (wrinkles & age spots). I want an at home face peel. I bought one and it didn’t do anything-it was a glycolic acid peel. I am lookin for a deeper peel that will produce flaking of top layer of skin. Any suggestions..

Anonymous Insider

Re: Help.I need a deep at home face peel

This is a dangerous question to ask really. A deep peel should never be done at home but in a clinical setting.  If used incorrectly you can cause longterm scarring and further damage to your skin. Literally chemically burn your skin. Gentle acids are the best to use at home, BHAs if you have acne & damage and AHA if you have sun damage/dry skin. You can buy gentle daily chemical exfoliators which help with damage. Philip Thomas Roth has an excellent 10% AHA daily cream that helped my sun damaged skin and you can use it daily.  The Ordinary has a lactic acid treatment you can use a few times a week for damage. Using gentle acids also helps your skin build a somewhat tolerance to maybe a deep pell later on. Of course make sure you are currently using sunscreens and definitely use one if you been a AHA regimen.

@Dawn1206 I'm a scientist and really into skin care and my one (1) and only suggestion is to see your dermatologist.  If you do not have one, then I suggest you find a few in the area, read reviews, and visit them to see if you like them.  That is the ONLY place I suggest you get this deep flaking skin peel you speak of.

I am going to warn you right now that there is NO deep at home skin peel, where you are going to get that 'flaking' you see on instagram/snapchat/etc' that is SAFE.  If you do try and go about a peel that is not the normal acids you get in products (i.e.: lactic, glycolic, ferulic) you will most likely get second (2nd) degree burns and the scarring on that will rarely if ever go away.  Your post scares me, since a deep at home peel with flaking is going to do some major harm to your face.  You need to work with the normal cell regeneration cycle to slough off the surface layer.  Even then there is no real anti-aging or age reversal, only slowing the process down by taking care of ones own skin and body both inside and out.

Please do not even try and do a chemical peel on your face as you will more than likely do more damage than good to your face!  There is NO quick 'fix' to try and get ones face to improve quickly.  Look into retinols or retinoids if you are interested in faster changes, yet if you don't ease into these you can permanently damage your face as well.  Please speak with your dermatologist about retinols/retinoids/peels/etc.

Thank u.. I will look into it..

@Dawn1206 Sadly I don't know of any at home face peels that would produce flaking of the top layer of skin. Have you thought about trying retinol? I feel like that would be more effective at getting the results you're looking for.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing