Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Help I'm 34 years old, how can I stay looking young

• Myself, I'm 33 years old and soon I'm turning 34.... 😬  I still have not a proper skin care routine, but  almost 5 months I started using ole Henrickson.. I have tried 1% rational, but I'm so scared to go old  faster speed... I already gave the 11 on my forehead... PLEASE HEEEEEELP
Tags:

Re: Help I'm 34 years old, how can I stay looking young

NO SMOKING if you want good skin, teeth, gums heart. you are too young to start using skin thinning agents!!

That thin skin comes with menopause. You don't want Nursing home skin at an early age. 

sleep

clean all makeup off at night

eat right and drink water

do NOT eat a strict vegan diet!!!!

get fresh air

lay off BOTOX because like any muscle. you face will atrophy and flatten out over time. You can start with fillers around the mouth, 

stop drinking and only take pills for illness, not for diets, sleep,nerves, and any other excuses.

MOSTLY SMILE AND GET THAT UNPLEASANT LOOK OFF YOUR FACE!!!!

Im 72 and worked in the cosmetics industry for about 15 years.

Drink water 

Probiotics

no sleeping with makeup

lotion

good moisturizing sleep mask

vitamin C lotion 

I’m 32 and I’ve been using sunscreen religiously 365 days a year , along with retinol at night. I’m very happy with my outcome so far. People usually guess I’m 22. 

@medinaaaa I think the big three are antioxidants,  AHA and retinol!

Hey Pumpkin,

The first thing you need to ask yourself is if want from your daily routine is possible. You say you don’t have a “proper” routine, but what does that mean for you? You say you’re afraid of “growing older faster” because you have developed an “11” wrinkle, but… that’s not premature aging. That’s just plain normal aging. Topical retinols are great at treating and preventing fine lines and acne. And sunscreen is really essential for your skin to prevent hyperpigmentation and reduce some signs of aging. Nothing you can buy over the counter is going to help deep wrinkles like those. Nothing. I was about your age when mine reared its ugly head, and I opted out. I have gotten a Botox treatment twice a year for the past ten or so years. I’m absolutely delighted with the results. But I realize that it’s not an option for everyone, for a variety of reasons.  Just don’t waste your time and money on products that feed you false hope. Good luck 🍀

Like everyone says @medinaaaa Everyday wear your sun screen. It's great advice. Drink water, eat healthy when you can and use moisturizer.  

You can aim for using retinol a couple of nights a week and remember it takes weeks to see results from new items on our skin care routine 💞

On my non retinol nights I like to use copper peptides like #The Ordinary "Buffet" + Copper Peptides 1% 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Hi! Aesthetician here, about to turn 36! Like other users said: 

wear sunscreen daily (even indoors), drink a ton of water, exfoliate using an AHA or BHA 2-3x per week, a deeper exfoliation (pro chemical peel) 2-4x per year, always use a serum, and never skip the moisturizer! 

I'm saying what others have already said. Use sunscreen. That is the single most important product to use. So much of aging comes from the sun and lifestyle choices. If you've never had a skincare routine before, I would suggest going back to basics. Invest in a good cleanser, eye cream, moisturizer, and sun cream. Later down the road, that may be when to start adding vitamin C serums and retinoids into the routine. 

1. Use sunscreen - reapply throughout the day (every 2-3 hours)

2. Drink LOTS of water

3. Stay away from alcohol/smoking

4. Eat a healthy diet with lots of healthy fats and frutis/vegetables. 

5. Never go to bed with make-up on - never use make-up wipes

@medinaaaa  The best item you can use is a high spf sunscreen. My favorite is Paula's Choice RESIST Youth-Extending Daily Hydrating Face Sunscreen SPF 50 2 oz/ 60 mL . Next would be retinol at night and vitamin c in the morning.

SPF @medinaaaa the best anti aging product out there is a nice high SPF.  I recommend trying out a few different ones to find one that you love the most.  This will be especially important if you're using retinol products. Sephora sells a bunch of great SPF products, and even comes out with a 'trial pack' around May that's wonderful to test out new formulas, but there are lots of great lower cost ones as well.

@medinaaaa  I definitely noticed a difference when I started to use retinol so if your skin tolerates it keep using it! I also love vitamin c in my routine. My current fav is SEPHORA COLLECTION Ultra Glow Serum: Glow + Strengthen Vitamin C Serum  I also use red light therapy which helps promote collagen. What products are you currently using? I also found once I started using a more structured skincare routine I could see a difference in my skin. 

I use both a retinol and a vitamin C as well.. I also just started using a 95% snail mucin oil free moisturizer that I'm loving from Peach Slices or another good brand is from cosrx! 

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 42 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing