Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Handcream for seniors

We all focus on our faces for skincare but how about our aging hands? any recommendation?

Re: Handcream for seniors

I am aaaaaallllll about hands!!! 😍 I start with a soak in Aveeno’s Oatmeal bath. Than I like to exfoliate with fresh Sugar Face Polish Exfoliator 4.4 oz/ 125 g followed by Deborah Lippmann Deborah Lippmann - Exfoliating Cuticle Remover Nail Treatment  then I moisturize with an oil. Any good facial oil will work.  I like to use Glow Recipe Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask 2.7 oz/ 80 mL under Fenty Skin Hydra'Reset Intensive Recovery Glycerin Hand Mask 2.5 oz/ 75 mL   During the day, Supergoop! Mini Handscreen SPF 40 1.0 oz/ 30 mL is great. Neutragena used to make a great hand cream with SPF… but no more. Dior Nail Glow is the perfect “Your Nails But Better” product. 

Apparently Sephora no longer carries Perricone MD products (which stinks as they are top-notch for anti-aging), but Perricone has a Cold Plasma+ Hand Cream which targets dryness, spots, and thinning skin.  It's also half price right now at Ulta, so stock up!!

@Lowlla I like  Skinfix Eczema Hand Repair Cream, Kopari Organic Coconut Melt 5 oz/ 150 mL , or Kopari  Guava hydrating body milk.  Right now the guava body milk is my favorite, but I always go back to the Skinfix Eczema+ Hand Repair Cream 3 oz/ 89 mL .

L’occitane shea butter hand cream.

@Lowlla  I'm not a senior (not yet; I'm 50), but I do have rather dry body skin, including my hands. The most important thing you can put on your hands is a broad spectrum sunscreen that's at least SPF 30. I keep a tube of Eucerin Daily Hydration Hand Cream SPF 30 in my bag and use it as my on-the-go moisturizer. In cold weather, I usually have to use a separate hand cream underneath. 

I also like to use facial oil on my hands to keep that skin from feeling super dry. Some oils, like rose hip and hemp seed, are quite hydrating. My favorite products for this are remarkably inexpensive blends that contain no essential (perfuming) oils: e.l.f. Nourishing Facial Oil and e.l.f. All The Feels Facial Oil. Both are also great as nail oil. 

If you're trying to reverse things like hyperpigmentation and wrinkles on your hands, you can always try using a retinol serum or cream there. Consider getting a tub of Advanced Clinicals Retinol Advanced Firming Cream. In the US, it's 16oz for $12-15. You can use it on arms and legs too. I don't know the % of retinol it contains and I wish the brand would state that on the label. Since they don't, I'll advise starting low and slow with this product: use it just once or twice a week for a few weeks (never twice on the same day). If your skin tolerates it, increase usage to 2-3 times a week for a few weeks. Keep gradually increasing usage until you're at a comfy-for-you frequency, which could be daily, every other day, or even just 2 or 3 days a week. 

One of my favorite moisturizing hand creams is Skinfix Eczema+ Hand Repair Cream 3 oz/ 89 mL . Usually shea butter's not moisturizing enough for my skin, but this cream somehow does the job. 

If I need something very moisturizing, I just use a petrolatum-based balm like Aquaphor Ointment or CeraVe Healing Ointment as a hand cream. I personally prefer Aquaphor's thicker texture, plus it contains lanolin for extra hydration. 

@WinglessOne hi peer 👋 c'mon, your skin is perfect!! 💕

@Skunk12puzzola  Heh, my skin's not really perfect, but that's okay: "perfect" skin doesn't really exist. 🙂 

@WinglessOne I want "not so perfect skin" like yours!! 🤣💖

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing