Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Age Defiers

HELP!!! PORES!!!

Hey everyone!

Just a question if anyone can answer....what get's ride of pores? What skin care, primers, masks, etc shrinks them?

What have you used?

Thanks, Ev

my pores drove me so crazy ii went to see a dermatologist...

my pores drove me so crazy ii went to see a dermatologist for them, he said there were only expensive and somewhat painfull treatments to shrink them and im still not happy with the results..

but  some tricks ive used..

1.ice before makeup.. instantly shrinks pores, or washing face with cold water

2.vitamin C treatments have been working well for me, i use a radiance booster and have been liking the resuts

3.normal primer i like laura mercier, than TOO FACED primed and powerless powder!!

those are some tricks that help but nothing can really get rid of them once you have them so make sure you have a good skin care routine to keep dirt/bacteria/oil from clogging and making them bigger, and be nice to your skin! it the only one you will ever have so think long term with your beauty routines!

I just started using Ole Henriksen and LOVE the truth ser...

I just started using Ole Henriksen and LOVE the truth serum and truth finishing cream.  The face serum has a collegen booster and smells like oranges.....I absolutely love it.  Sephora has a limited edition kit with both products for $20.00  That's what I'm using now, but would love to get the full size bottles.  I also use the African red foaming cleanser and love that too.  All products are natural and non irritating.

Try Benefit's Porefessional. It  is amaaaazing in my opni...

Try Benefit's Porefessional. It  is amaaaazing in my opnion. Its job is to minimize pores. 

Good luck!

A very good foundation primer to disguise enlarged pores...

A very good foundation primer to disguise enlarged pores is NARS Skin Smoothing Face Prep which is designed to minimize the appearance of fine lines and pores with just one application.  You can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P261210​&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3976

To help reduce the size of your pores (and not just disguise them) I would recommend Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer which is designed to address enlarged pores caused by active oil glands, dirt, wax, or chronological aging.  You can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P259938​&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps you. Smiley Happy

I have very sensitive, combination skin.  The enlarged po...

I have very sensitive, combination skin.  The enlarged pores I had drove me crazy!  After years (literally) of no success, I finally invested in a Clarasonic.   It is the only thing I have ever used that really cleans out my pores enough for masks and treatments to be effective.  Once I get my face cleaned with the Clarasonic, I use Ole Henricksen Firm Action Mask a couple of times a week.  Also, I use Benefit's POREfessional primer before applying any makeup.  The results have been amazing.  Hope this helps.

Re: I have very sensitive, combination skin.  The enlarged po...

I'll be purchasing a Clarasonic next time I'm at Sephora!
Thanks Ladies!
Ev

Other posters provided great product suggestions; I just...

Other posters provided great product suggestions; I just want to clarify that it is impossible to actually reduce the size of your pores. Everyone has them, and their size is determined by genetics. However, you can reduce the appearance of large pores with proper skincare. Per Dr. Perricone, pore size is proportional to the size of your oil glands (which is determined by genetics) -- and clogged pores, caused by acne symptoms, such as blackheads and pimples, are partly responsible for enlarged pores.

When a pore becomes clogged by dirt and bacteria, oil within the pore builds up, which causes the pore’s walls to dilate to make room. Acne symptoms appear when pores cannot expand fast enough to accommodate for this increase in oil; and once the pores expand large enough, acne clears up.

The two main contributors to large pores are genetics and age. In general, if you have oily skin, you will likely have larger pores, since the oil glands are more active and, as a result, need a bigger opening to release oil.

Since pore size is genetic (and you can't alter your genetics), it is impossible to shrink them. However, you CAN address excess oil and reduce the *appearance* of large pores by cleansing them of debris, excess oil and bacteria, which will help to stop them from expanding to accomodate build up -- and they will look smaller.

Again, you have been given great product suggestions -- I just wanted to clarify re: changing pore size. You can keep them clear with the products suggested, then disguise their appearance using primers, etc.

While you will never be able to physically reduce the siz...

While you will never be able to physically reduce the size of your pores, you can try to mask them. Honestly, the best thing to do for large pores is to keep them clean. Exfoliate at least 2-3 times a week and use a good deep cleaning pore mask as well. Then once your face is clean you can go about covering those suckers up. I have used the dr brandt pores no more, but its okay and now I use a vitamin c serum under my mositurizer and I use bare minerals primer, which really seems to make pores look smaller. I aslo wash my face with clairsonic brush.

Wow awesome insight from Katie 1724 and Coop 66.  The por...

Wow awesome insight from Katie 1724 and Coop 66.  The pore issue is genetic and you absolutely cannot "shrink" your pores.  That being said the Clarisonic is fabulous for making them less noticeable.  It[s probably the best investment I have ever made for improving the appearance of my skin.  Good luck!!

Dr. Brandt "Pores No More" really is magical at...

Dr. Brandt "Pores No More" really is magical at erasing the appearance of pores and it has tea tree oil so it keeps pores clean while masking.

As someone who is also concerned with enlarged pores, I m...

As someone who is also concerned with enlarged pores, I must say this thread has some terrific advice!

Another product you should all check out is Clinique's new Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum. Has anyone else tried it yet?  What I love is that it delivers instant AND long-term results. I find that so many products only offer one or the other. This serum completely clears out pores upon application, making them appear smaller almost immediately. With regular use, clean healthy pores are able to tighten up even more. My Tzone has never looked better! Smiley Tongue

XO,
Olivia

Re: As someone who is also concerned with enlarged pores, I m...

The clinique serum did nothing for me. My pores still look the same. I am trying the Mia next and going to look into benefits professionals. Lets see!!

try the Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer, and the Dr...

try the Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer, and the Dr. Brandt Pores no More stuff- they're both really helpful! And I think Clinique has some pretty good pore smoothing stuff, too!

Pores No More products by Dr. Brandt has been unbelievabl...

Pores No More products by Dr. Brandt has been unbelievably great in helping yo reduce my pores. You have to give it 4-8 weeks to see a huge difference but you will notice a difference sooner than that

Clarisonic with Purity Made Simple has changed my pores a...

Clarisonic with Purity Made Simple has changed my pores and breakouts.  I also switched to a tinter moisturizer instead of a traditional foundation.... God Bless Laura Mercier!! 

AND, the moisturizer that makes my whole face glow when I wake up without clogged pores?  Josie Maran Aragon Oil!  With my nasty pores and combination skin... who would have thought?!

what workes on me is CARGO  activating face primer hope i...

what workes on me is CARGO  activating face primer hope it helps Smiley Happy

I have very large pores and i havent found yet any produc...

I have very large pores and i havent found yet any product that shrinks pores BUT i am in love with to amaaaaaaazing prodocts that completly cover large pores. They are porefesional by benefit and the one from NARS (i dont remember the neme sorry) Both are exactly the same quality though the NARS one is more expensive. I hop this was useful. Smiley Happy

I LOVE the T-Zone Pore Refining Gel by Murad. Contains Sa...

I LOVE the T-Zone Pore Refining Gel by Murad. Contains Salicylic Acid, and works incredibly. I have battled oily skin, with large pores and small blackheads well into my 30's; this is the first product to lessen all three without drying my skin.

Yes some peoples pores are larger than others but what is...

Yes some peoples pores are larger than others but what is probably bothering you is not what your parents gave you but enlarged pores. Keep your pores clean with mud masks and saunas. I wouldn't use toners or antiseptics but instead citrus soap burt bees and giovanni have nice ones. Cold water and light calming moisturizer like cucumber and algae will help. Anything that calms you. Giovanni cucumber or clarins is light. If you feel you need more help try treating yourself to microdermabrasion. And if you feel you need to go even further you may want to attack enlarged pores from inside. Look at your diet. I would seem like maybe the oil or fat but most times it is red meat that is the culprit. Good luck and live healthy Smiley Happy

kiwiolive.

Ditto on the genetics thing. But a few more product sugge...

Ditto on the genetics thing. But a few more product suggestions - Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads (once a day),  DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask (once or twice a week), & Dr.Brandt's Pores No More as a primer under MUFE HD foundation. That's the best combo I've found so far. GL!

Hi.. I just signed up to answer the question. Many many p...

Hi.. I just signed up to answer the question. Many many people are troubled by enlarged pores. But have you given a look at korean ladies. Their skin is so smooth without any visible pores. They have those products that are not readily available to International chain of markets. 

I definitely agree with using primer. I like Smashbox's l...

I definitely agree with using primer. I like Smashbox's light primer b/c it doesn't clog larger pores. I also have used Lancomes Pore Controle self heating mask to minimize their appearance. Good luck!

I find that using Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Makeup ha...

I find that using Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Makeup has greatly improved my skin.  Wearing make-up used to cause breakouts but wearing Bare Minerals actually improves my skin.  I especially love Pure Transformation Night Treatment.   A nighttime Bare Minerals treatment designed to help reduce the appearance of pores, improve skin tone and texture, and increase luminosity.  This treatment activates your skin using 100% pure Rare Minerals Active Soil Complex to help achieve cell-renewing benefits for firmer, smoother, and brighter-looking skin.  You can find this at   http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P136024&categ oryId=C20223&shouldPaginate=true

I love the Clarisonic brush - it has totally cleaned out...

I love the Clarisonic brush - it has totally cleaned out my pores so they are invisible. Totally hooked on it!

27 Replies
Conversation Stats