Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Getting old and ugly

I’m am now in my late 30s😭and I will be 40 soon! I need a change in my skin care for wrinkle prevention and hydration to keep looking young and makeup to make it look like I’m not decaying before everyone’s eyes. Please help!

Re: Getting old and ugly

@SaelaRae  What’s your current skincare routine? Once I hit my mid 40s, I had to change cleansers because the one I’d used for decades was suddenly very drying on my skin. Though I think it wasn’t such a sudden change; it was a gradual drying-out problem that’d been growing until my skin finally reached its breaking point with that cleanser. So, changing to a more moisturizing cleanser can make a world of difference for you. I currently use Paula’s Choice Hydralight cleanser. (I’m in my late 40s now, and my skin type is mostly-dry combo.) 

The best wrinkle prevention and general anti-aging product is sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30. I rotate through a few different sunscreens, but my favorites are Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and COOLA Sun Silk Face Sunscreen Drops with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL. When I wear more makeup than brow pencil and lipstick, I carry SUPERGOOP! - Invincible Setting Powder SPF 45 in my bag to reapply sunscreen every 2-3 hours. 

Here are the hydrators and moisturizers I use on a daily basis, including the 3 facial oils I most frequently alternate in my routine: 

Re: Getting old and ugly

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing