Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Foundation for mature skin?

I tend to get oily in the t zone in the early afternoon. my current foundation slides off and settles into fine lines and wrinkles.

Re: Foundation for mature skin?

@grandmanesie Here's a list of best foundations with sunscreen per beautypedia.com.  I would probably start with Clinique or Elizabeth Arden.

https://www.beautypedia.com/skin-care-reviews/best-makeup-products/Makeup/Foundations-With-Sunscreen

Here's a list of best foundations without sunscreen per beautypedia.com:

https://www.beautypedia.com/skin-care-reviews/best-makeup-products/Makeup/Foundations-Without-Sunscr...

I would start with Cover FX, Laura Mercier, MUFE.

Good luck!

Re: Foundation for mature skin?

@grandmanesie - I'm 52 and have combo/oily skin.  I've been using Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hr for the past few years.  It gives a matte (but not too matte) finish and lasts all day for me.  I think the coverage is medium, but buildable, and it doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation.  I also wear Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer underneath.  If you're not using a primer, you may want to start their before trying a new foundation.  It made a big difference in the staying power of my foundation.  The Hourglass primer is expensive, but it's worth it.  I've been using it for the past few years as well.

I am 42 and have great success with both Born This Way an...

I am 42 and have great success with both Born This Way and Naked. When I purchase the Naked I was told there were additional benefits to using that Foundation. I did notice that that one in particular kept my skin supple and blowing the Born This Way has a little bit fuller coverage.

Re: I am 42 and have great success with both Born This Way an...

Where did you purchase your foundation?

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing