Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Foundation for lines

I’m only 43 but have had weight loss surgery so I have a lot of lines. Can anyone recommend products for this? Every primer and foundation I use settles into the lines and make me look so bad. Has anyone with lines and wrinkles found anything that makes your makeup look smooth? I also have redness from rosacea that I need to cover. I’m using a lot of expensive skincare but it’s not really helping. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

52A2A1B8-9C7A-4F5F-95DC-95CC60832A3C.jpeg

Re: Foundation for lines

YMMV but I've used the urban decay anti-aging primer potion in a pinch for some fine lines around my mouth and it's seemed to help! I certainly wouldn't by it for that purpose though. (Though that eyeshadow primer is my HG so recommend it for that lol)

I’m late to this thread, but I finally found a great foundation after Sephora stopped carrying the Stellar line.  Cover Girl’s Aqua Smooth in Creamy Natural.  I apply with my fingers, not the sponge applicator provided.  

I am 55 and use CeraVe 50spf for face, but after 10 hours on a tractor each day from May-October means that my cheeks still wind up with redness.  I found that The Ordinary’s 2% retinol at night, followed by their Natural Moisturizing +HA, helped plump the skin.  

I use the +HA again before my makeup (let the moisturizer sink in first) and apply the AquaSmooth.  No primer needed. The Aqua Smooth creates a beautiful matte foundation that covers my red cheeks and doesn’t settle into my fine lines.   Good luck!  :-). 

@lots2luv  Have you tried IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ ?  I have had success with this.  The foundation is made for color correction.  Right now their direct site is offering 40% off for the next 48 hours..  Good luck with your search!  I know the search for the perfect products can be challenging.

I also had weight loss surgery, and my face really started to show a lot of fine lines and sagging. 

I went to the injections nurse at my plastic surgeons office and had my first, and second round of Botox done there, as well as my first round of filler (cheeks, to prevent the sagging) 

All my fine lines from my forehead are gone. The filler in my cheek is just enough to stop any sag… 

just make sure if you do look to going this route you find someone who isn’t pushing for what you don’t want… i went in with my concerns and what I wanted to try and prevent in the future, and what I would like to see changed.

I have since changed my injections nurse, and am so pleased with all the results. 

@lots2luv what are you using skincare-wise? You could try incorporating retinol into your routine if you haven't yet and other ingredients such as peptides to help moisturize and plump up the skin. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • 52A2A1B8-9C7A-4F5F-95DC-95CC60832A3C.jpeg
testing