Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Foundation after 40

Looking for ANY makeup tips for those 40 or older. I do aiiight, but always looking for tips! I’ve been using powder not liquid foundation so I need help!😂 Thank You!

Re: Foundation after 40

You can waste a lot of money looking for the right foundation......I’ve done it.  Dior and Estée Lauder were good but not spectacular. Charlotte Tillbury was awful. Sephora makes a good one as does The Ordinary. Selina Gomez surprisingly makes a good one. But I received a gift card for Mother’s Day and decided to splurge on something I’ve resisted due to price, Armani Luminous Silk. Yes, it’s expensive but it’s also fabulous. If you save money by not trying everything else....give this one a try. You’ll be glad you did.

It's not sold by Sephora, but I love Suntegrity's 5-in-1 foundation. It gives just the right amount of coverage without feeling too heavy, no caking, hydrates my skin, and provides sun protection. I'm 44 and have laugh lines and some discoloration, it makes my skin look and feel about 10 years younger. 

Hi  im 39 have dry skin and starting to have early signs of aging. i just bought the new Rare Beauty tinted moisturizer and rather then a primer the girl suggested a setting spray (benefit Pour Fessional super setter) . Nothing settled into my fine lines at all my skin looked so smooth for the 1st time it wasny uneven or bumpy my redness was calmed. 5hrs later and it looks fresh and smooth. Hope this helps 

You’ll want lighter coverage - heavy falls into your laugh lines aka wrinkles. Tinted moisturizers work well. A lot of the foundations coming out now have skin care in them (I always wear mine underneath with spf as well). It’s not a huge name for foundations but some influencers turned me on to Beauty Blenders skin tint. It’s very nice - and it sets (no stickiness). The color descriptions stink so you should swatch in store. I’ve heard mixed reviews on charlotte tillburys new foundation- I think it stays a bit luminous which shows pores more easily. Ditto for the new nars. Pricy option is Surratt dew drops. Never patchy. Good luck

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing