cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Firming producrs

Hi all,

I am starting to notice a loss of firmness in my skin, in my routine i am very focused on hydration, but the loss of firmness snuckup on me! Can anyone suggest some products to start combatting this!?

Tags:

Re: Firming producrs

Peptides and amino acids and bakuchiol are all well and good, but there is just no substitute for prescription strength retinoids.  Tretinoin is the generic name of Retin-A and can be prescribed at a strength gentle enough for sensitive skin that still gives clinically proven results.  You can go the traditional route of getting a dermatologist and filling the prescription, or you can use a telemedicine service and pay a monthly fee for a custom-made blend of prescription ingredients and unlimited adjustments and consultations.  I use Curology and can ask as many questions as I want and receive automatic shipments of my custom cream for $20/month.  Having paid out of pocket for the same prescription ingredients in the past, and knowing that health insurance only pays for one dermatologist appointment per year, I can tell you that this is a terrific deal.  I don't work for Curology and there are other companies that provide the same service but I haven't tried any others so can't vouch for them.

Your commitment to hydration will serve you well if you start using tretinoin as it can cause peeling (I use my prescription cream three to four nights per week and pack on other stuff on my off nights to keep my peeling down.  It will serve you well regardless, because yay, hydration!!

As I've gotten older, I've used more firming methods to keep the battle going.  Perricone's High Potency Classics Face Finishing & Firming Cream is a FANTASTIC day cream to use when you're seeing those first signs of sag.  I haven't tried Perricone's Cold Plasma line because $$$$ and I'm saving that for when I feel I need it.  I'm currently 48, for reference.

Last winter I turned a corner and thought I was my Dad in the bathroom mirror, so I bought a NUFace Mini during the Black Friday sale on the brand site.  My only regret is not doing a bit more research because I would have gotten the Foreo minibear instead for the two year warranty (NUFace has some quality control issues but so far so good with mine).  When you are ready, these work shockingly well!  If I had the money (I was out of work at the time) I would recommend getting a few professional radio frequency treatments to start off, just because using it five plus nights a week for two months was challenging.  But without question this firmed and lifted my skin and turned back the clock probably ten years in terms of firmness.  My cheeks are back where they're supposed to be.  

Basically, Retin-A is a basic must for anti-aging, the rest you can add in as needed.  It looks like you're at the prevention stage, which is great!  Just know that there are more options as you age and need more help, but they are for treating sag when you have it, so they won't really help until then.

What have you been using?

Ole henriksen strength trainer moisturizer

Hlauraunic serum under eye

Ole henriksen bukicol (spelling?) Eye cream

Hylauraunic acid serum on face

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing