Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Fenty and IT Cosmetics And Middle Âgé

I don’t know if my shopping bonanza this morning is truly anti-aging, but I hope so.  Do any of you use Fenty (by Rihanna)?  I bought the eye cream and a lip stain.  I also bought the makeup remover, totally forgetting I have a huge bottle of micellar water in my medicine cabinet.

Oh well.  Micellaire water doesn’t go bad.  It can wait.

What I am really wondering is, Fenty was recommended by Sephora for twenty something skin.  I am 55.  I like the products.  But should I be using something different at my age?

i don’t know if it’s available through Sephora, but I also bought something-rosy-cream by IT Cosmetics.  That product IS meant for middle aged skin.  

So do any of you middle-agers use Fenty, and have any of you tried the pink “Rosy” cream?  IT Cosmetics creams make my skin feel amazing, but this rosy cream is a new product

Re: Fenty and IT Cosmetics And Middle Âgé

I use the fenty cookie and clean as well and i love it!  I do an ordinary aha/bha peel every sat morning + fenty cookie after the peel, all during morning coffee.  As for makeup, I have only used their gloss....but I agree with everyone else - who cares about age.

The only thing I would say about makeup is maybe foundation and concealer. As we age the skin does require some major differences there. I have tried more foundations than I can count and the one that makes my skin look the best is Shesheido skin synhro (spelling?).  I have normal skin and it goes on and looks EXACTLY like my skin with more coverage obvi...and a bit more dew. I think dry and combo skin would be ok...not 100% sure about oily.  It is medium coverage...and if you layer you might hardly need concealer.

I use the Nyx cant stop wont stop concealer on days I feel I need it...they blend very well. 

Other than those as base, I use whatever my little heart desires! Glitter, winged liner, you name it....there is no age on your choice of how you want to illustrate your own beauty! 🙂

(BTW - im 45)

I just entered my 40s and I use the cookies and cream mask by Fenty. It's really good. I also like the fat water.

Just keep in mind that your skin is your skin. You might share some of the same concerns as other people here in this age group, but your individual needs may be very different. I was just having a conversation with one of my best girlfriends and we joked that none of the products and techniques we used were really applicable to the other, because even though we’re about the same age, our skin is the opposite. Hers is dry and sensitive, mine is oily and rarely reacts. 

That said, I think there’s something to be said about the lack of diversity… when it comes to age… within the beauty industry, which often makes it seem like a product or even a brand “isn’t for me.”

So, I really like a lot of their products. The overnight hand mask is great. I like the setting powders; they don’t settle into lines and have good absorption of oil. The lip products in the skin care line are very good. Am I going to using the highlighters and body glitter? Nope. But that doesn’t keep me from shopping the brand. 

@Maire15, first and foremost makeup is for anyone, any age, any body.  Not saying you do, but don't let anyone dictate where you should spend your earned coins.  You want to go wild with wet n' wild? Please do.  You love Kylie? Not my thing, but you do you.  You think established brands like Lancome and Estee lauder reign supreme? Okay!

Brands do definitely market to specific groups, so sometimes you might find they have may more offerings of a certain type of product, but it doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't use it.  I think Fenty is actually pretty age friendly because it has been inclusive from the start, and you don't necessarily need all the products to create a look.  I'm not 20, and I love my Fenty.  They also market across several platforms, so sure they could be seen as a 20-something brand, they are still picking up other groups.  IT cosmetics also markets across several platforms, but I definitely notice them more on specific platforms, but I wouldn't rule out their products being useful for a younger age group either.   Haven't used that cream, but for awhile their bye bye undereye depuffing cream was my thing alongside the CC+ with SPF.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing