Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Eye cream help!

Hey everyone, I need help finding a good eye cream... I’m new to the eye cream world and need some suggestions and direction where to start! I’m 24 and want to start preventing aging before it happens, although I do already have some slight puffiness and creases around the eyes, and dark circle. If anyone has any suggestions, please send on!! Thanks!!

Re: Eye cream help!

I would suggest Supergoop Eye Cream w/ SPF 37 in day time and Volition Eye Gel at night. Volition Eye gel will eliminate dark circles around eyes and Supergoop is light enough yet not drying. Make sure when you give some time for the Supergoop to set under eyes before applying makeup. 

At 24, don't use anything that is too creamy; it could cause milia (especially if your skin is combo, T-zone or oily).  I suggest starting with a gel product, such as Fresh Lotus Eye Gel. If you can get to a Sephora, try out some samples. You can always work up to products using stronger ingredients. Anything with caffeine or a natural derivative of caffeine will reduce puffiness.  Darkness is typically genetic or caused by allergies and often can't be helped - but concealer is great for that.

There is also research that indicates you don't need a special product - that a good face product is fine as long as it doesn't say "do not use near eyes" on the product label.

@ncornacs Truthfully, you don't need an eye cream per se.  You can in theory use what you are using around on your face around your eyes.  But if you are like me and don't want to take any chances, then there are many to choose from.  I rec reading Beautypedia's "best of" list for eye creams and picking one that addresses your particular concerns and is in your budget.

I actually use FAB Retinol Serum (.25%) b/c I think retinol is the best for fine lines.  You have to start slowly with retinol, esp. around the eyes.  If you are looking for a good all around eye cream without retinol, CeraVe has a nice one and it is affordable.  It may have antioxidants in it...I can't remember.

Best of luck!

Hi there!  My suggestion is to incorporate an eye cream that has caffeine for your dark circles, peptides for plumping, and rich moisture for the smoothing of fine lines, which at your age are likely just due to dehydration around the eye.  Clinique makes one called Pep Start Eye cream that contains all of the above mentioned, it even comes in a squeeze tube applicator with a massage tip on the end to help smooth away puffs and exhaustion. Its  exclusive to Sephora,highly rated by users, and at under $30, its priced just right. pepstarteye.jpeg

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • pepstarteye.jpeg
testing