Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Estee Lauder Primer for mature skin

I am 55 and still battling oily skin. Searching for a primer that smooths as well as absorbs oil. Has anyone tried the Estee Lauder mattifying primer underneath the Estee double wear foundation? I am currently wearing a sample of the foundation (which I love) but also want to know how the primer wears underneath it. I see mixed reviews, especially about pores showing through but that's just on the primer, not both primer & foundation. Thanks!

RE: Estee Lauder Primer for mature skin

REN perfect canvas or Tatcha silk apply before makeup. Either one is great. Good clean product that won’t clog your pores. Ask for a sample and have a primer day. You look gorgeous already. You don’t need the make.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Thanks for the recommendations!

RE: Estee Lauder Primer for mature skin

Hi:) I have tried it, I’m 38, just starting to have crows feet wrinkles (yay...) mind you I have normal skin but I will say the primer helped to keep the foundation intact for the whole work day. I live on the east coast of Canada, used it in humid, super foggy conditions and surprisingly I only had to retouch a bit of my setting powder (by Bare Minerals) once to refresh. That being said I found it didn’t help to blur the little wrinkles and pores I have unlike the Smashbox primer does. Hope this helps:)

Thanks for the reply. Yes this is helpful.

Thanks for the reply. Yes this is helpful.

Re: Estee Lauder Primer for mature skin

@liqueen  -- I can't speak for the primer, but you look great in your photo.

lol...Thank you!

lol...Thank you!
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
testing