From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Emerging "Elevens" between my eyes. Yikes!

Hello friends! I'm a long-time Sephora shopper, and I've just turned 41. I have emerging "elevens" between my eyes. I have considered injections, but would like to try something else first. Csn anyone here recommend something good??

Re: Emerging "Elevens" between my eyes. Yikes!

as for The Ordinary's granactive retinoids -- that is the same retinoid found in Sunday Riley's (hundred dollar) Luna Sleeping Oil!

And it comes in squalane, very moisturizing. I have been using it for about a year now. Haven't had irritation, except it goes on so smooth I forget what it is and if it ends up on my lips they do get too dry. But retinoids are definitely a Go for skin health.

Have you heard or read about argireline? It's a "botox-like" peptide in that it has a mildly paralyzing relaxing effect on your muscles. So you apply it where you have tension wrinkles and it is supposed to relax them over the course of a month or so.  It is supposed to work especially well on "11"s.  It has science backing it up but I can't speak from personal experience.  

@goddessa  I had really good results with the REN Clean Skincare Bio Retinoid Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate Oil 1.02 oz/ 30 mL... it made a major difference in both my elevens and my smile lines. I started to really see results about halfway through the bottle, but I wasn't using any other anti-aging at the time so I know the oil was doing the work. Good luck!

I've had a 1 since my teenage years because of an extreme case of RBF, mainly when I sleep. The best thing I've ever had to fix it are Frownies. They're weird, but they work! As long as you aren't trying to impress anyone at night 😉 

My 1 will never fully be gone, but it's got substantially better since I started using Frownies, and definitely hasn't got any worse. 

I had never heard of Frownies either, but now they're in my Amazon cart. Thanks, @Llgc!

@ather @elise222 @txcatx they’re pretty great! The ones I buy are triangles since my “11s” (or more accurately a “1”) are my biggest concern. You wet it to activate the sticky part, wait for it to dry a bit (like lash glue) then put it on your trouble spot. It kind of reminds me of paper mache in that way. I pull my eyebrows apart slightly and apply between my brows. It sticks there all night. Because it’s firm and stuck, it makes it way harder for my muscles to scowl when I sleep, and over time has filled in the line and made it so I scowl less in general. It’s worked better than anything else I’ve ever used. Just gotta be careful when putting it on... if you have too much oil/moisturizer on the area you’re applying it to, it might not stick.  In the morning you wet it to remove, and it won’t pull or tug on your skin as long as you wet it enough. 

If any of you try it I’d love to hear what you think after using for a few months. Personally it’s the best item I’ve ever used for my scowl line. 

@Llgc What are frownies?

Ooh I’ve never heard of Frownies but I’m intrigued now! I’m gonna look them up 🙂

RE: Re: Emerging \"Elevens\" between my eyes. Yikes!

This reply X10. I wish I’d started using them 15 years ago (I thought they were stupid. Ugh)

Re: RE: Re: Emerging \"Elevens\" between my eyes. Yikes!

@tabbytails same here! My mum’s used them for years and I used to laugh at her when I came over too early/late and she had them on. 

I have a deepening "1" due to a perma-case of RBF 🙂 , so I know exactly what you're talking about.  I'm contemplating Fillerina but I'm still researching it. 

@goddessa I rec trying a retinol product, or even Retin-A 🙂

Retin-A (and I’m sure other retinol products) definitely need a period of time for your skin to get accustomed to it. The first time I used Retin-A I went full tilt and literally my entire face peeled the next day 🤦🏽‍♀️

OMG - okay super! Thank you both! I will try this out.  These lines are just now appearing - even though I've quite literally used excellent skincare routes (and products) since my late teens!  I want to get in front of these things before they get too deep and start to look like the Grand Canyon on my face!  🙂  Thank you for the recommendations. 

@goddessa  Happy to help! I have constantly changing skin concerns (a super fun adventure in skincare!) so i feel like I’ve tried it all 😂 a lot of it is hit or miss. Ive recently added AHA’s into my skincare to get in front of premature aging and I’ve been liking it so far! Lactic acid is one of the more milder ones. And as far as Retinols go, I believe The Ordinary offers products under the Granactive Retinoid label, which is supposed to be synthesized to be less irritating compared to regular retinoids. I haven’t tried that product specifically, but have had great luck with that line (and they even offer a guide to help you figure out which product should be used in what order!)

@goddessa Yes, I agree with @cianni about easing slowly into retinols/retinoids.  Starting with a low concentration at first is helpful.  Also, wait a few days between application, then a couple days and so on.  And follow up with a good moisturizer.

Thanks everyone! I was just doing some reading on this - and it does look like these Retinol products can cause a bit of drying, so thank you for the heads-up.  I'm shopping now for a good moisturizer to go with.  

@goddessa My friend and I both started Retin-A around the same time. Her sister is an up-and-coming derm and highly rec'd CeraVe PM.  It worked great for both of us.  I still use it as my go-to 🙂

Thanks-!!

I am using a retinol product now.  I will report back on this.   Keep your fingers crossed everyone!

Anxious to hear more about retinol on the "11's" between the eyes.  I'm 54, and never used Botox or fillers.  Would like to try retinol if it would work for something like the 2 deep creases between the eyes?    My impression was that retinol is more for rough skin and/or large pores?   thank you for any insight and personal experience. 

Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing