Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum

Can anyone share their experience using the Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic and Retinol eye Serum? I've been using it for 2 weeks and my fine lines are showing more. Does this get better?

Re: Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum

@tdot123 I'd be happy to share my experience with this product, which I started using at the end of March, after my esthetician recommended it for me to help with very textured/crepey eyelids. In two weeks, I've noticed some reduction in the texture of my hooded eyelid area, and more firmness in that skin, as well as below my eyes. Retinol works over time, so I expect to use this product long term and hope to see continued improvement (although I dont' expect miracles). It absorbs in quite well, doesn't seem to have any fragrance, and only requires a tiny amount per application. It does leave the skin quite dry, so I tend to use a lot of moisturizing products after applying this serum.

I'm able to use the product morning and night without irritiation and I tend to have sensitive skin. I'm fairly rigourous with my skincare routine, and think that may attribute to the success I'm seeing with the product in just 2 weeks time. In the AM, I wash and tone, then use a serum moisturizer all over my face and neck. After I shower, I apply tiny dabs of this product under my eye, and on the hooded part of my eyelids, and use a resveratrol product on the rest of my face and neck. Lastly I hydrate - in the AM I use Dr. Jart Water Fuse Gel, and at night I use Caudalie Moisture Mask (yes, my skin is THAT dry!).

So far I'm really happy with the product. I haven't been able to use other retinols/retinoids as they caused irritation, and even with all the moisturizing I do, my skin looked worse, more wrinkly. Everyone has different chemistry, so where some may not get good results with one product, others may love it. I do think being aggressive and consistent with moisturizing helps the success of this product for me.

Hope this helps, and if you decide to try it, hope you'll share with us your experiences too!

Re: Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum

@tdot123 I've heard good things about this product on BIC, but I resisted getting it b/c the company won't release the concentration of retinol.  It's possible that the concentration is low, or that you need a product with more retinol.  🙂

RE: Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Eye Serum

I was not impressed either. I have been using mine every night for a couple of months now. I did find that it seems to perform better with a thick eye cream over it. I give it a few minutes to absorb than my eye cream. It works a lot better now. I do love the brightening serum from this line though and the peel. Both of those products are outstanding from this line.
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing