Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Clueless at 27

Hi! I will be 28 this year, and I am starting to see wrinkles. I’ve fallen off the skin care wagon a bunch in the last couple of years, but I know now is the time to be proactive. I’m not exactly sure what skin type I have, but I’m a nurse and my face is peely most days. Other days it seems really greasy. So maybe combination? Anyways, what would you recommend for just a basic anti-aging day time moisturizer? And what would you recommend as a basic overnight anti-aging moisturizer? I don’t really know much about vitamin c or hyaluronic acid, but I’m willing to try anything to make my skin look better and stay younger looking. I don’t mind spending the money if it really works! Thank you so much!

Re: Clueless at 27

I’m 28 and have really made an effort to get my skincare on point for about the past 2 years. I’ve recently had great results using a combination of the Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml and the Biossance Squalane + Omega Repair Deep Hydration Moisturizer 1.69 oz / 50 mL

Both products are awesome and have really improved the look and feel of my skin! Especially the little frown lines and crows feet I have been keeping a close eye on lol! They seem significantly less visible. I’m on my second jar of both products.

Go to YouTube and look up skincare by Hyram. He is awesome at recommending skincare for certain skin types, concerns, you name it. He also explains alot about ingredients and skincare related issues. 

@BethabeanI am also freshly 28 with combo skin that leans dry in the winter and a greasy mess in the summers. If you're looking for a good anti-aging moisturizer for night Alpyn Beauty Melt Moisturizer with Bakuchiol and Squalane 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is a great option. Bakuchiol is like a gentler retinol that will be a lot easier/ more user friendly especially as a combo product if you want a more streamlined routine and don't want to deal with slowly amping up your skins resistance to retinol. It is mid-weight, so not too oily/ not too light and smells like pine trees- I bought it during the sale.

For a day moisturizer I'm going to suggest something more complicated. I would personally go with a combo iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Slushy Serum Moisturizer Crush Infused with Bakuchiol which again has the Bakuchiol and vitamin C as well as being hydrating- plumps the skin to reduce the look of finer lines. Over that I would go with Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturizer SPF 20 . I know that second product isn't super glamorous but it's the best SPF containing lotion I've used that doesn't leave that greasy layer on your skin and sinks in nicely. SPF is more important if you use retinols/ exfoliants/ vitamin C because your skin will be extra sensitive to the sun- think peeling/ flaky red patches that look super sad. The products I suggested are pretty gentle so sun reactivity shouldn't be a huge concern but still important to keep in mind

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing