Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Can any one recommend a really good “powder” foundation, one that “really” covers & can also be used wet?

I’ve been using a wet/dry Urban Decay powder foundation but it’s been discontinued! I’m older & “hormonal” big time, so much so that liquid foundation makes me so hot it causes the liquid foundation to streak off my face! It even does this in cold Winter weather! The powder foundation was great that I was using but since it’s now gone & Urban Decay hasn’t anything comparable, I feel out of luck! Any one here use a great coverage powder foundation that they would recommend? Or just know of a good one? I’ve tried Bare Minerals but it did not work for me at all!
Anonymous Insider

Can any one recommend a really good “powder” foundation, one that “really” covers & can also be used wet?

I started using YSL in my 30's they reformulated and changed my color in my 40's but at least it wasn't discontinued. I use a flawless foundation brush and a very small amount, I dust my face and use the excess to cover the trouble spots. At fifty two, I feel as beautiful and still get complements on my skin (which is a compliment to my foundation). YSL has allowed me to grow older beautifully and gracefully. Good Luck

RE: Can any one recommend a really good “powder” foundation, one that “really” covers & can also be used wet?

You look fantastic!

Girl, you are GORGEOUS! I would've thought 30's! Early 30...

Girl, you are GORGEOUS! I would've thought 30's! Early 30's!!💋

I use Everyday Minerals powder foundation. have been for over a decade now. I have not looked back at liquid, and even in my 40s I can't see myself switching back. It totally evens my skin tone and provides good coverage for me. I've used it with primer for extra sticking power.

RE: Can any one recommend a really good “powder” foundation, one that “really” covers & can also be used wet?

Try It Cosmetics they have a couple really good ones

I have issues with silicones and I was at a loss for a good liquid foundation without them! So, I figured I would try powder foundation and see? I really like Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Powder Foundation. I’ve never used Tarte before, but I think they’ve got a great product in this! I can get good coverage and on a “natural look day”...I can use it for my concealer! At 43 I don’t have many fine lines, but this powder foundation doesn’t settle into the ones I do! I also love how it’s packaged with the mesh over the powder and the lid shaped to fit down into it! The first real “no mess” loose powder packaging I’ve seen! It saves you product as well as helping you not get more than needed on your brush! OH - speaking of brushes, I didn’t buy Tarte’s Airbuki that’s recommended as reviews were so-so. I watched YouTube videos on applying this (not my norm, but I’d never used a powder before) and the people who got the best results used 2 brushes. If Tarte sent them the product they used Tarte’s Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation brush AND the airbuki! I don’t mind paying money for quality brushes as I see a difference in using them! But Tarte’s brushes didn’t look like they’d hold up well! But, Tarte’s awesome packaging of the powder foundation also meant it took a bit to find the best brush to use! In the end, I found using 2 different brushes also gave me the best results. I had Shiseido’s foundation brush already and it’s good for applying/pressing powder on areas that need more coverage. But, not so great at blending it out well to me. I’d gotten the Sephora Pro Mini Flawless Airbrush #56.5 to use with a conpact of 3 Hourglass Ambient Powders. I didn’t think of the density of the bristles, just the smaller brush head. Dense bristles meant it applied too much for that type of powder! But, I was impressed and kept it as a “multi use brush”. Glad I tried it out with Tarte’s foundation as it easily beat 5 other brushes I got to try! The Shiseido brush adds more coverage, then I blend with the Sephora brush. But, the Sephora one does five good coverage on its own. For me using both I saw best result! What surprised me was the 2 Tarte brushes would’ve cost $62, but Shiseido’s brush is $30 and Sephora’s mini is $20! So for $12 less I got 2 brushes that work great and are higher quality to be honest than the 2 from Tarte!

I only wear powder foundation just because I prefer a more natural look. I use It Cosmetics your skin but better CC+. It has very buildable coverage plus it’s anti aging. It also contains sunscreen protection. They also have the same powder available in a illumination form, so if you want more of a dewy highlight look it’s great. I also use PUR 4 in 1 powder foundation, it is also anti aging and provides great coverage. I’ve tried many powder foundations and these are definitely on top

Re: Can any one recommend a really good “powder” foundation, one that “really” covers & can also be used wet?

Hi there, I just got the Celebration powder foundation from IT Cosmetics yesterday & it works very well! I wear CC Cream foundation from the same maker & had to move a ton of books at work, very sweaty but blotted, added this powder, and looked composed the rest of the day, pshew! I put on Clarins Ultra Mattifying fluid underneath, which does the trick for daytime moisturizing w/o making the foundation prone to slide off. Good luck!

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos2
testing