Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Best product to firm eyelids?

Hi, I'm 32 years old with normal skin. I am starting to notice that my eyelids aren't a firm as they used to be and are starting to sag a bit. What can I use to firm and lift my eyelids and the skin under the brows? Is a retinol product the best? Thanks!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Best product to firm eyelids?

I'm in my early 20s and wanted to love the Algenist complete eye renewal balm but it was too rich for me. BUT if that's not going to be a problem for you definitely check it out because this balm keeps things nice and tight!

I'm in my 40s, and I'm a huge fan of Firmx Eyelid Lift Se...

I'm in my 40s, and I'm a huge fan of Firmx Eyelid Lift Serum by Peter Thomas Roth. It has a gold shimmer to it, and it applies so easily. Just gently tap and pat it in using the ring finger. Give it a few minutes to fully absorb before applying eyeshadow. There's no need for primer because it dries matte making eyeshadow glide on like a dream!

Re: Best product to firm eyelids?

Try Verso 8 eye serum! Use it under an eye cream. There is a slight tingle, but worth the results. I also use shea butter as my eye cream, it has a natural spf 6 in it. It's not somewhere people think would need spa, but it does!

The smaller end of a jade roller will help you out too!

Hi HelloCoffee, 

I recently starting using the Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum and I love it! I have hooded eyes and am super concerned about saggy eyelids. I love this serum because it addresses ALL of my eye concerns in one product and can be used both AM and PM. This serum will help firm the entire eye area and can be used all over the lid. I've noticed that it's lessened some of the natural creases on my eyelids even. A few other things that I love about the serum are that it absorbs quickly, has never irritated my sensitive eyes and a little goes a long way. I definitely recommend checking this item out! 

All my best, 

Megan 

@MeganBT I'm interested in this product for my eyelids.  Do you know what the retinol concentration is?

Hi @greeneyedgirl107

I did some research and I think that the retinol concentration in this product is likely a trade secret. With that said, it is the 7th ingredient listed out of about 35 ingredients. I really hope you give it a shot! I've been thinking about this thread and you guys when I apply it recently! 🙂 

All my best,

Megan  

@MeganBT It is - I e-mailed the company and they refused to disclose it!

@greeneyedgirl107 Thanks for reaching out to them! The mystery continues....

Thanks so much!

I just watched a new video by Lisa Eldridge called "Fresher Firmer Face for Free" wherein she describes facial massage with diy and store bought cooling items to firm the face and eye area. 

As for creams, Tatcha Revitalizing Eye Creams is the only one that has firmed the crepey eyelids. @HelloCoffee

Thank you to all of you who responded so far! I really appreciate all the suggestions!

I've had great results with the Algenist Firming Eye Gel. The results (after using a full bottle or two) hold even if you give it a break for a while. I put on the area just below the brow and under the eye (otherwise known as the orbital). I'm 47, so i consider the product an absolute miracle.

Also, if you want something you can use on the lid and in the crease (to preempt inevitable crepiness) I suggest Mizon Collagen Firming Eye and, too stay moisturized, Secret Key Starting Eye cream. They're not too hard to find. I get mine from an eBay seller in South Korea. I'm not sure if those are cleared for eyelid use, but I've never had problems with irritation or redness or any other unsavory effect.

Hope that helps!

http://www.sephora.com/firming-lifting-eye-gel-P304007?skuId=1394279&icid2=products%20grid:p304007

@HelloCoffee I've read that you can use the same products around your eyes as you do on the rest of your face.  I started using FAB Retinol Serum.  Fingers crossed!  I have noticed less firmness of my eyelids as well.  I also use CeraVe PM with skin identical ingredients and cell communication ingredients, and ordered a Vitamin C serum from Paula's Choice today which was recommended by Allure.

I used IT Cosmetics bye bye puff for a month and then I used simple Tarte Maracuja C. I don't which worked but my right socket which was a bit sagging is now firm and lifted. With Tarte I also observed that it brightened up my under eye area.

I've been on the hunt for a great eye cream as well. I'm 26, and a nurse. With night shifts, or maybe aging, who knows, I've noticed some puffiness and wrinkles becoming an issue. There are two eye creams I noticed a difference with, my favourite being  Kate Somerville +retinol firming eye cream. The second being one from Avon, which my mom swears by, and is much cheaper.

I've tried pep start from clinique and eye dew from farmacy and I didn't notice a difference.

Maybe try heading down to a sephora for some samples? may only by a few days worth but you can get an idea if you react to the product or hate the way it feels/ makeup applies over it.

Good luck in your search!

Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing