Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Best product for even skin tone

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good product to even skin tone or discolouration especially age spots that I'm starting to see appear around my forehead. I'm too young for this lol. I guess it took that age spot to put me into a panic. Thanks

RE: Best product for even skin tone

No. 1 thing for prevention is sunscreen, consistently. K-beauty focuses hard on minimizing hyperpigmentation, which is typically the goal of anything labeled “whitening” or “brightening.” Eve Lom’s entire line is dedicated to this, as far as I can tell. Ingredients to look for are niacinamide, alpha arbutin, licorice root extract, azelaic acid, Vitamin C, and retinol. All of these either work to inhibit tyrosinase toprevent melanocyte (pigment cell) production or inhibit melanocytes fromtraveling to the epidermis, or by promoting skin cell turnover (to clearaway pigmented epidermal cells) and UV Repair. AHAs such as glycolic andmandelic acid for exfoliation will also help with revealing new skin and brightening, but go easy on these. I’ve gotten a lot of recommendations for the Dr. Gross peel pads. I’m also a fan of the Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Treatment, which is a glycolic gel you useintermittently after a week of regular use (part of the 3 Little Wonders set/regimen).

RE: Best product for even skin tone

My dermatologist gave me TriLuna Rx for the spots I already have but I'll be anxious to hear the replies to your post because I keep getting new ones and need to work on prevention.
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing