Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Best moisturizers please??

I have large pores, fine lines, and breakouts here and there. I usually go for brands such as Sunday Riley, Dr Dennis Gross, and Dr Jart but I’ve never tried any of their moisturizers. I don’t wear make up so that’s not a factor. Is there one in the morning then a different one for the nighttime? I’m open to all suggestions.

Re: Best moisturizers please??

@CarJ618 There usually isn't much of a difference in AM vs PM moisturizers in theory, except that AM one tend to have SPF whereas PM don't.  Some that are "richer" are rec'd for PM, but that is generally b/c they have a greasier finish or are loaded with emollients.

For routine use, I highly rec CeraVe PM.  It's effective, rec'd by derms and affordable.  If you are looking to splurge, I rec reading reviews on beautypedia.com.  I did that recently and honestly didn't find anything too great in the $$$ range so I just settled on something from Cetaphil that seems to have a little extra strength for a trouble area on my face.

Good luck!

RE: Best moisturizers please??

Try Dr Roebuck’s FACE. It’s great morning and evening. I use it every night after my favorite serum and in the morning if I’m going to wear makeup I give it 10 minutes to sink in before I apply my makeup. When I initially tried it I thought that it would be too heavy for my combination skin and for some reason I didn’t like it. But after trying myriad of products that caused me to breakout even more I went back to this for a second try because at least it hadn’t caused a breakout overnight. This time though I applied it to slightly damp skin and for some reason that made all the difference in the world. My skin drank it in and it didn’t sit on top. Side note: I know from experience that the Dr. Jart gel cream works best with their liquid serum however, the serum makes my skin feel sticky no matter what I do. I can put on 4-5 drops and it still feels so sticky and my makeup doesn’t go on smoothly nor does my primer. It makes my skin look dull too but everybody’s skin is different.
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing