Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Best #facelift in a jar? Or any other non surgical container?

Seriously though ladies (and some lovely fellas), do any of you know of a legit face lift product that really works? No desire to go under the knife but aging is also not a life goal/option. Any tips greatly appreciated! Much thanks ^_^ 

RE: Best #facelift in a jar? Or any other non surgical container?

Highly recommend Perricone MD’s High Potency Amine Face Lift. I saw a difference as soon as putting it on for the first time and just bought my second bottle! It’s expensive but worth it.

Re: RE: Best #facelift in a jar? Or any other non surgical container?

Thanks so much, @Attacktic! I've actually heard pretty amazing things about that bottled face lift. Definitely worth looking into ^_^ 

Re: Best #facelift in a jar? Or any other non surgical container?

@SallyTheCat Are you looking for a routine make over or just a single product to purchase? 

Some one in my family purchased Nu Face Trinity all in one, about a year ago (give or take). It uses LED to transmit tiny micro currents to the skin that drastically tone, smooth wrinkles. I make a point to visit this family member a lot more often so I can sneak a session in with her machine lol it's incredible. Sephora carries it.Screenshot_20180602-092902_Sephora.jpg

That looks like some pretty high tech beauty awesomeness, I can't blame you for trying to sneak some time with it. Thank you for sharing ^_^

Hi there @SallyTheCat,

First and foremost, you need to use a sunscreen every single day, rain or shine. Cold or hot. Whenever there is light outside, you need to have sunscreen on. The skin aging UVA rays also penetrate windows so it doesn't matter if you are indoors all day long. This is the best thing you can do to prevent your skin from aging in the first place.

If I were to point to a single type of ingredient, you would want to go for a retinoid (Vitamin A). It is the best, proven ingredient to smooth your skin. There are various different types of retinoids though. If you want the best of the best you would need to get a prescription for tretinoin. You can get a prescription online (yoderm.com for instance), but I'd suggest seeing someone in person. As for over the counter, we have Differin (for acne, but it likely works well for anti-aging as well.) This would be the closest to tretinoin that you could get over the counter. After that, we have retinol which you can get from various products available at Sephora. There are also other derivatives like trans-retinoic acid ester (Sunday Riley Luna for instance, a personal favorite of mine.) It'll likely take longer to get the same effects with the Luna than it would with a higher percentage retinol, but it's also a lot less irritating on the skin. 

No matter which option you choose, you are not going to see results overnight. You'd have to give the product at least 12 weeks.

There are also other products that would work well to boost collagen, as well as to help diminish fine lines. Vitamin C and AHAs could be beneficial. I use Drunk Elephant C-Firma as my vitamin c serum. For acids I rotate between Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 1970 formula (also known as the Rolls-Royce of acid toners!), Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos, Drunk Elephant Babyfacial (1-2 times a week), Tarte Knockout Tingling treatment, Sunday Riley Good Genes among others. I constantly get new products, and acids are my favorites.

Lastly, Drunk Elephant Protini is chockfull of growth factors, peptides and supportive amino acids which may be beneficial as well. I absolutely love the Protini. I feel as if my skin condition is improved practically overnight.

Hope that helps!

@Sicasewrote:

Hi there @SallyTheCat,

First and foremost, you need to use a sunscreen every single day, rain or shine. Cold or hot. Whenever there is light outside, you need to have sunscreen on. The skin aging UVA rays also penetrate windows so it doesn't matter if you are indoors all day long. This is the best thing you can do to prevent your skin from aging in the first place.

If I were to point to a single type of ingredient, you would want to go for a retinoid (Vitamin A). It is the best, proven ingredient to smooth your skin. There are various different types of retinoids though. If you want the best of the best you would need to get a prescription for tretinoin. You can get a prescription online (yoderm.com for instance), but I'd suggest seeing someone in person. As for over the counter, we have Differin (for acne, but it likely works well for anti-aging as well.) This would be the closest to tretinoin that you could get over the counter. After that, we have retinol which you can get from various products available at Sephora. There are also other derivatives like trans-retinoic acid ester (Sunday Riley Luna for instance, a personal favorite of mine.) It'll likely take longer to get the same effects with the Luna than it would with a higher percentage retinol, but it's also a lot less irritating on the skin. 

No matter which option you choose, you are not going to see results overnight. You'd have to give the product at least 12 weeks.

There are also other products that would work well to boost collagen, as well as to help diminish fine lines. Vitamin C and AHAs could be beneficial. I use Drunk Elephant C-Firma as my vitamin c serum. For acids I rotate between Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 1970 formula (also known as the Rolls-Royce of acid toners!), Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos, Drunk Elephant Babyfacial (1-2 times a week), Tarte Knockout Tingling treatment, Sunday Riley Good Genes among others. I constantly get new products, and acids are my favorites.

Lastly, Drunk Elephant Protini is chockfull of growth factors, peptides and supportive amino acids which may be beneficial as well. I absolutely love the Protini. I feel as if my skin condition is improved practically overnight.

Hope that helps!

Question: what is your regimine with these products? I need serious help in this area. 

@JenBelle12 here is a list of the general order that I apply products. As you can tell, it's slightly different than what I said in the previous posts only because I change the routine up + try new products. 

AM:

Cleanse

Acid Tone

Essence

Hyaluronic Acid

Eye Cream

Vitamin C

Hydration

Moisturizer

Spritz

Oil

SPF

PM:

1st Cleanse

2nd Cleanse

Acid Tone

Spritz/Essence

Hyaluronic Acid

Eye Cream

Treatment/Serum

Moisturizer

@JenBelle12 it depends on which of the products are being used, as well as what your skin is used to/tolerates.

Currently though it's something like this:

AM: Rinse face with water -> Lotion P50 -> Hyaluronic Acid -> C-Firma -> B-Hydra + Protini + D-Bronzi (mixed) -> Umbra Sheer. I'll sometimes add an oil in this mix too. The products I use sometimes change quite a bit too. But for sure the C-Firma is one that stays the same no matter what.

PM: I double cleanse if I've used either makeup or waterproof sunscreen. So, if I use Umbra Sheer I don't feel the need to double cleanse because it washes off easily. If I use products with silicones in them I like to double cleanse as well. -> Lotion P50 again (or other acid toner) -> Differin -> Protini + B-Hydra + Marula mixed. (or other oil, I am currently loving Herbivore Phoenix for instance.)

I wouldn't start using an acid + differin immediately together though. You CAN use retinoids with AHAs but I'd suggest getting used to one or the other before you introduce another one. Also, if you go for for instance the Luna the steps change. You'd use the Luna after the Differin, let it absorb then put on your moisturizer. Also the Good Genes and TLC Framboos would not be put on in the acid tone step, they'd be put on later so that'd change the steps slightly too. General rule is to go from thickest to thinnest consistency.

I hope that helps. It's kind of difficult to put all of the products into a regimen since I mentioned several similar products but with different consistencies.

Thank you! This is information I have been looking for as well!

@astrogirlbunny That's great! Good luck with your skincare journey. 🙂

Wow, @Sicase, thank you! That is all super helpful. So much great information here. I appreciate it. You and your thorough response are awesome ^_^

Aw, thank you @SallyTheCat! Good luck. 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 34 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screenshot_20180602-092902_Sephora.jpg
testing