Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Best aging

Best anti aging face products?☺️

Re: Best aging

@Andreteresa I agree with sunscreen

Re: Best aging

@Andreteresa  Sunscreen. Broad spectrum, minimum SPF of 30, applied liberally to ALL skin exposed to sunlight (face, eyelids, hairline, ears, behind the ears, neck, nape of neck if exposed, chest, hands, ankles, feet, etc.) and reapplied every couple hours, all year long, regardless of weather or season. That's the best preventative anti-aging product on the market. It helps protect you from many "signs of aging" that are caused by UV damage, including some wrinkles. Plus, it helps you avoid far more serious issues like skin cancer. 

Beyond that, "the best" is highly subjective and depends on your particular skin type/behavior and any specific skincare goals or issues you have. For anti-aging, you'll generally want something that'll boost collagen production deep within your skin. 

Here are my skin's favorite anti-aging heavy hitters: 

Spoiler
  • Retinoid - I use an OTC retinaldehyde (Avene RetrinAL 0.1 Intensive Cream), but you can try an OTC retinol or adapalene, or talk to your primary care doctor or dermatologist about Rx retinoids like tretinoin. All of these speed up the skin cell renewal process. I actually use a second gentler product, The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz / 30 ml , on my neck and eye area (keeping it off my eyelids) and apply the Avene RetrinAL to the rest of my face. Both products treat my hyperpigmentation, soften lines, improve my skin texture, and help tame my mild acne. If you're new to retinoids, start with a low strength product like First Aid Beauty FAB Skin Lab Retinol Serum 0.25% Pure Concentrate 1 oz/ 30 mL or Paula's Choice RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and use it once or twice a week for a few weeks, then gradually increase frequency over time. 

• Peptides - In addition to boosting collagen, these are good hydrators. Specific peptides can theoretically coax skin cells to do specific things, like acetyl hexapeptide-8 (trade named Argireline) which is said to relax certain muscles to reduce skin folds and wrinkles—though it's not nearly as effective as injectable Botox. My skin's favorite peptides powerhouse is The Ordinary "Buffet" 1 oz/ 30 mL , especially since it also contains humectants my mostly-dry combo skin needs. 

• Vitamin C - Most folks will demand you look only at products containing l-ascorbic acid, the pure form of vitamin C. But ascorbic acid is notoriously unstable: it breaks down when exposed to light and air. I mean, so do many other antioxidant ingredients, but vitamin C is particularly high maintenance. Consider Paula's Choice C15 Vitamin C Super Booster 0.67 oz / 20 ml or maybe Timeless 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Serum, or even Maelove Glow Maker. I'm testing an oil-soluble derivative of vitamin C (ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate) to see how it compares to ascorbic acid for my skin; the product I'm currently testing is Wander Beauty Sight C-er. 

• A good moisturizer - "The best" ingredients here depend partly on your skin type/behavior, but consider using a moisturizer full of ceramides. CeraVe is an obvious brand to check out for that. I currently alternate 2 moisturizers since the weather's heated up: Vanicream Daily Facial Moisturizer and Paula's Choice CLEAR Oil-Free Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL . I'll switch back to using the Vanicream moisturizer more often this fall and winter. Some mornings, I skip moisturizer and rely on a sunscreen that contains at least one good occlusive moisturizing ingredient, like Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 1.7 oz/ 50 mL (contains shea butter and dimethicone, 2 good moisturizers). But once the weather chills, I'll have to layer a separate moisturizer under sunscreen each day. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing