Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

Best Products for Fine Lines

Hi! I am in my mid twenties, and I am starting to notice very fine lines on my forehead. Any advice on products to try to help minimize them? I have started using the Inkey List retinol in the evenings and I have been being very careful to apply sunscreen each morning. I have pretty sensitive skin, so I can't use any products that are too harsh or any strong acid type products. I'm hoping if I start a good skin care routine early it will help minimize future wrinkles as I get older 🙂

Tags:

I'm in my late 30's & I wish I'd started thinking about wrinkles at your age! Smart! I also recommend The Ordinary Products(I don't know how to tag things sorry)! They are quality products that will not break your bank. As a newbie to dealing with aging skin at 35 (Im almost 39! Yikes!) I started using The Ordinary Retinoid Emulsion Serum. I love it! They say its a good renitol product for newbies. It's more gental on the skin than other retinol products. I later added the Hyleronic (sp? lol) Acid + Vitamin B Solution. I know you said no acid but I have sensitive skin too & you only really need a couple drops and it really hydrates your skin! I also use Benefit Complexion Rescue (basically a bb cream) on most days as it's SPF 30. I don't always use a moisturizer with an SPF. I kinda stick to samples but Estee Lauder has a really light weight moisturizer with SPF but right now I'm using Drunk Elephant Protini (a bit heavier but feels wonderful on your skin!) which doesn't and if I can combine any steps - then all the better. If not I wear a separate sunscreen. Anyway, I'd recommend both products from The Ordinary! Affordable and they do work! They'd likely work even better since you're starting out so early! Again, smart! I wish I had! Hopefully that was somewhat helpful! LOL! Good Luck and have a great day hon!! xx ♡ Jen 😊

There's also a product The Ordinary sells called Matrixyl 10%+HA which contains peptides that work like a very mild version of topical Botox. Nothing creepy or harsh, just a bit of relaxation at the surface to provide an ounce of prevention. It's like eleven dollars, so you can definitely keep it in your routine for years. The Ordinary also has other more intense peptide/anti-aging serums, but those are for older skin. Also, make sure to take using sunglasses seriously and get regular eye exams to reduce squinting. And make sure all your glasses are adjusted for proper fit, as our faces can develop habits we don't really notice.

Re: Best Products for Fine Lines

@tg1973 I love The Ordinary products! I'll check out the Matrixyl. That's interesting that the Matrixyl works similarly to a topical Botox, I had no idea. Good tip about the sunglasses as well, thank you!!

@treenut 

The best thing I did for my skin was incorporate ALGENIST - GENIUS Liquid Collagen. I’ve used it for years now. I apply after my retinol and it plumps up the skin. 

I just started using that and love it!!

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing