Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Best Make up for Aging Skin (66) (natural look)

Hello,

Wasn't sure if the products recommended for aging skin extended up to the mid-sixties. I recently had a novel published and am currently doing a lot of public presentations, so I want to look my best and am pretty sure I need an update. My skin is dry with fine lines, less pale. My preferred look is natural, but of course better than my own natural. The nearest Sephora to me doesn't offer in-store services, so I thought I'd reach out here. Thanks in advance for your advice! klbnick

Tags:

Re: Best Make up for Aging Skin (66) (natural look)

Congrats on your book! 

I always taught my teams in store that aging skin is anyone that feels like their skin has changed. It isn't necessarily a date on the calendar or number of years. 🙂 Often, just like you mentioned it may feel and look dry, sometimes thin and sometimes have some fine lines or deeper wrinkles. 

Prepping with good skincare will always help you look your best! I feel like Shiseido does a great job in this category-- their Benefiance day cream, night cream and eye cream are all game changers in my book. And, the day cream is great to wear under makeup. 

I think in terms of makeup, a lightweight and illuminating foundation option will be very pretty. I love the Dr. Jart bb creams or the Ilia or Kosas foundations or skin tints (depending on how much coverage you like.) I love a cream blush on wise skin! Merit makes some stunners, but I'd chose a color depending on the undertone and depth of your skin. 

I think everyone on earth looks their best with a well maintained brow, a pop of color on the cheek and lip and a good mascara on curled lashes. What do you usually wear day to day? 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing