Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Any sure fire solution to big pores?

looking for a product that is a sure fire cure for large pores.  Any suggestions?

Re: Any sure fire solution to big pores?

Their are no cures for large pores that I'm aware of, the best is to keep them as clean as possible with a regular routine of BHA and AHA and a retinol/retinoid.  I also found that micro dermabrasion can be a great shortcut to knocking down the orange peel texture.  Going in for one session at a spa can give you a huge head start while you ease yourself into an acid routine.  It can also reduce the temptation to go too strong too quickly with acids, which REALLY backfires!!  The simplest acid routine is the combined product The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL , but it's SO strong.  Start with no more than a minute or two every week or so.  Retinols and retinoids are a whole thing you should research heavily before you dive in to avoid a shocking (and depressing) breakout purge.

This sounds weird and check with your doctor first but using cayenne pepper, crazy I know, helped me...maybe you can put it in your coffee?

@maryhenshilwood We can't change our pore size per se, but we can make them appear smaller in some circumstances.  BHA is good for exfoliating in the pore.  Paula's Choice is the only BHA I love.  It comes in 1, 2, 4 and 9%.  I believe the 2 and 9% are available on Sephora.  Good luck!  🙂

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing