Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Antiage products for teens?

What is a good age to start using anti aging skin care products? What are some good products to get started on?
Tags:

Aside from sun exposure, the way your skin will age also...

Aside from sun exposure, the way your skin will age also will depend on your skin type, where you live and your exposure to sun and pollutants,  and genes.  If your skin is really dry, you might need to start using anti aging products earlier.  I agree that you should consider using a makeup with sunscreen, and also if you're going to start using an eye cream you might want to try one with an SPF. 

All you need is a really great sunscreen. Sun damage is t...

All you need is a really great sunscreen. Sun damage is the main cause of early signs of aging. Until you start seeing those signs such as wrinkles, spots, etc. you should not need an anti-aging product.

Dear rachelchristine,     When your in your teenage years...

Dear rachelchristine,

When your in your teenage years, the key to anti-aging is not anti-wrinkle creams, but sunscreen. Sunscreen will protect your skin from the sun's harsh rays and their damaging effects: aging. We age because of the sun. Without sunscreen, we develop age spots, wrinkles, and other signs of aging later on in life, sooner. It is highly reccomended that you wear SPF 30 or higher daily. Me, being the sunscreen fanatic I am, prefer over SPF 50. But school is starting soon, and I'm sure you don't love your skin appearing greasy like it usually does with sunscreens. Problem Solved! Neutrogena sells an amazing ultra sheer sunscreen with the name Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock. This sunblock won't make your face a ghostly white, greasy, or oily (hence dry-touch). You'll barely even know it's there! It protects from UVA rays (the ones that burn you) and UVB  rays (the ones that age you). If you are loyal to sunscreen at an early age, you can take back years in your look later on. When you are older, you may begin other anti-aging products. Antioxidants are a known anti-ager, but they're okay to use on younger skin. It will only help. When you begin to develop wrinkles, they'll be great, too!

Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 100+

Hope this helps 😄

-gabidee

Hi Rachelchristine.  I started using anti-aging products...

Hi Rachelchristine.  I started using anti-aging products at 19.  As Cherrybombastic and 6aad0801 said, sunscreen is very important to protect your skin.  You also might want to add in an anti-oxidant serum, such as Kate Somerville Total Vitamin Antioxidant Face Serum to protect your skin against environmental damage. 

Total Vitamin Antioxidant Face Serum

Sunscreen and an eye cream like Ole Henriksen's Fresh Sta...

Sunscreen and an eye cream like Ole Henriksen's Fresh Start would be basic anti-aging regimine to start with.

I think as a teen you don't really need an anti-aging pro...

I think as a teen you don't really need an anti-aging product because most anti-aging products are very rich. Just use sunscreen on a daily basis and if you want, start with a basic eye cream. I only suggest adding an eye cream because I barely started using one about a year ago and I can say it's helpful because your undereye areas are 10 times thinner than the rest of your skin, so that means it's pretty dry. And if you really want to get an anti-aging product in, look for one that contains retinol, but I should warn you that some people need time to adjust to retinol and they may breakout beforehand, so start with small amounts. For reference, I use Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream SPF 15, which contains retinol. I have acne-prone skin, but my skin gets flaky in the colder months and combination in the warmer months. I also use Kiehl's Eye Treatment with Avocado, which is a very basic eye cream. It's just very rich and the price point is very reasonable in my opinion. I also use Murad's Skin Perfecting Lotion, which contains retinol, but it's very little because the product isn't advertised as an anti-aging product, but a product for acne-prone skin. I hope this helps and good luck!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing