Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Anti aging products

Hey, I’m looking for a cleaner, a toner, serum or any thing that’s anti aging I also have huge pores and and blackheads on my nose, small patch on my cheeks and between my eyebrows. I also am dry/ combination every where else. I will be 29 in February does anyone have any advice?
Anonymous Insider

RE: Anti aging products

I have problems with pores on my nose as well and was considering having laser surgery. Instead I started using SK-II , drunk elephant baby face, and Lancôme absolute l’extrait serum. I use organic apple cider vinegar diluted for a toner. After 3 weeks my pores are %80 smaller. I had some that were huge! I also use a prescription benzoil peroxide cleanser. My skin is looking better than it has in years

Re: RE: Anti aging products

Hi @Anonymous,

How amazing! Thanks for sharing what has worked for you!

Best,
Rebecca

I have the same skin type as you. First thing my Dermatologist said was to bring the skin into a PH balanced state with cleanser(s) and/or toner(s). Then follow with products that are (look for these two terms on the label): 1). Non-comedogenic 2). Oil-free This will bring your pores into a smaller state. Then, a retinol can help retrain your pores to “stay” smaller with long-term use. Hope that helps. Too many products to list here but just look for the following keywords in your Sephora search bar: 1). Non-comedogenic 2). Oil-free 3). PH balanced
Anonymous Insider

Hi @liveasone Another great product for getting your ph balanced is Apple Cider vinegar. I drink 1 tbsp with tepid 8ounce glass of water twice a day. I started 3 weeks ago and can’t believe the benefit to my skin and hair. I also dilute a drop with water on a cotton ball and use as a toner once a day. It has to be organic “ with the mother” apple cider vinegar.

Re: Anti aging products

@Sam4JC   Hi! For a cleanser, I rec First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL

Toners: I'm not personally big on toners, but  just started using Paula's Choice Essence and really like it.  It has niacinamide and hyaluronic acid in it, and my skin is brighter and plumper.  

Serums, etc.: For anti-aging, it's important to use AHA, antixoidants and retinol.  A popular antioxidant is DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Day Serum

I am currently using FAB Ultra Hydrating Serum b/c it has antioxidants, peptides and collagen.  For AHA, DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum

is popular.  It's 12%, so if you want to start with something lower you can check out Paula's Choice which comes in 5, 8 and 10% (and perhaps even lower, like 2%?).

For retinol, FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Retinol Serum 0.25% Pure Concentrate

is good for beginners.  DRUNK ELEPHANT - A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream

just came out, which is 1%; the reviews have been good.

As for the blackheads, BHA will help a lot.  I only rec Paula's Choice.  You can start with the 2%, but the line also has 4 and 9% (which I use).  I would start slowly introducing the acids and retinol.  For example, with retinol you might want to wait three days in between applications for a couple weeks, then so on.  Also, you generally want to avoid using retinol and AHA/BHA at the same time.  As for the AHA and BHA, you could apply one in the morning and one in the evening.  I highly recommend introducing one product at a time so you can isolate the effects.

And with the introduction to retinol and acids, you want to make sure that you use a moisturizer.  CeraVe PM is very good and rec'd by derms.  I also like Cetaphil Night Moisturizer from the Redness Relieving line.  Drunk Elephant La La Retro is also good.

Best of luck!  And sorry for the wonky tagging and spacing; for some reason it was giving me issues.

Re: Anti aging products

Have you tried P50 Biologique Toner. I do not know if Sephora carries it yet. The only one reportedly similar to it would be the brand Pixie Beauty Toner. 

Hi Sam maybe try It Cosmetics it has what I think the best anti aging products. All their products have SPF in them I love there products for your face they have everything you need. Your skin will look and feel amazing. Also you face how’s in a very natural way. Good luck
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing