Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Anti-Aging

I am 39 and have been using Ole Henriksen Vitamin C serum and Sheer moisturizer for years. I like the products but I feel like I need to step it up some. My main concerns are tightening and find lines. Does anyone have a suggestion for the combo? Also, I'd like something for fine lines around the mouth?

Re: Anti-Aging

I'd add in a peel like the Dr. Dennis Gross Daily Peel Pads (so many different options, you're bound to find one you'll love!) and a hyalauronic acid serum. 

I'd add a retinol/retinoid. I LOVE Sunday Riley's Luna sleeping oil. It's not a harsh retinol, and my skin looks amazing just after a week of using it along with the DE C Firma. You just have to make sure you're using a sunscreen during the day. 

Also, you'll want to use an exfoliatior, AHA/BHA. I've been using Herbivore Blue Tansy, but am going to try Good Genes to see how it works with my skin. The nice thing is you can use Good Genes with Luna. I then seal with Argan oil and a rich moisturizer.

RE: Anti-Aging

I love Ole truth serum, I added Kate Somerville Dermalquench liquid lift+retinol which comes in travel sizes so you can try it out before buyinga large size and added the Farsali unicorn Rose gold and volcanic Elixer and my skin is beaming. I moved the Ole sheer transformation moisturiser to my décolletages. I’m looking at the Ole Nurture Me also. I did try Kate Somerville retasphere but I didn’t really see much of a difference using that product.

Re: RE: Anti-Aging

Good to know about the retasphere!

@SECgirl I would use retinol and AHA; not at the same time, though 🙂  Best of luck!

I've had the Kate Somerville RetAsphere Micro Peel suggested to me for this, but haven't yet given it a shot as I have sensitive skin and wait until I have vacation before trying new skincare products.  But it helps with elasticity and fine lines, so it sounds like it hits the combination you're looking for. 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing