Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Anti Aging for older women?

My mom is getting up in her years. She has a great complexion but could use some lifting/tightening.

What are good skincare products for a woman in her 60's?

Re: Anti Aging for older women?

If budget isn't a concern, i'd suggest Amore Pacific Time Response line. (The Gold packaging line) It's not available at sephora right now, only at Neiman Marcus. Amore Pacific also has a Lift/Firm line as well and also only available in Neiman marcus. I like this brand because they don't use harsh chemicals as many Western brands do. Those chemicals may give you an instant result but in the long run it's weakening your skin and you will actually age faster. This brand's main potent ingredients are bamboo sap, ginseng, green tea, etc. In a recent US magazine, it is said the Korean skincare industry is 12 years more advance than the US and harsh ingredients like glycolic acid are extinct there. 

Two other high-end choices are Kanebo and Cle De Peau (the upscale line by Shiseido). These two brands also do not use harsh chemical as mentioned above. The main philosophy behind Asian skin care is gentle cleansing and nourishing/hydrating the skin. 

If price is a concern, then i'd suggest Korres line. Maybe some Lancome Volumetry line. Chanel Ultra Correction Lift line face creams is about $150-165 range. 

korres quercetin and oak night creme

I swear by the K-peptide eye cream from anaisskincare.com This cream is wonderful and I saw a huge difference within 10 days!!

My mother is 68 with very sensitive dry skin and wrinkles. She has recently starting using the Murad Resurgence line.

She bought this kit to try: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P218912&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4164

I noticed a big difference in the condition of her skin. Her skin looks smoother and softer. She still has wrinkles but they do not seem to be as noticable as before.

As another poster said budget is a big concern, my mother is living on social security so she can not afford to buy the real high dollar products this is one reason she picked this kit.

Hi I am 56 and absolutely endorse Perricone's Cold Plasma for mature skin.  The difference in the texture and smoothness is really noticeable, and it does tighten pores.  If her skin is pretty good, she may not need that.  I also use the cold plasma for eyes and it's makes a big difference.

There are lots of options, depending on what your mom's budget is.  The Perricone MD and Kate Somerville products are excellent for firming / toning / lifting.  They are highly rated...but they are pricey.  Sephora has special value kits for many brands...Perricone MD, Kate Somerville, Korres, Caudalie, Peter Thomas Roth, Kinerase, AmorePacific, Philosophy, etc.  Your mom could select a brand based on her budget, try the 3-4 specific products offered in a kit for a month, see if she likes the results, and then buy the full-size products if she does...or try a different brand / kit if she doesn't.  I love the "test before you invest" approach, especially when it comes to more expensive skin care lines.  Sephora is great about giving you samples of something to try but when it comes to testing out a complete skin care system, you need to evaluate it for more than a couple of days.  Most of these kits contain 30-days worth of product so can really see if you like what you're paying for.  Use the Sephora website and search SKINCARE: VALUE SETS.  These sets are usually very affordable...but be sure to  check on the prices of the full-size products, too.  Mom may love the products in a $75-value set, but if the full-size products are going to be cost-prohibitive, then don't bother falling in love with that brand and pick something that will ultimately be more affordable.

Hope that helps.

I am 54 years old.  I've been using Korres Quercetin and Oak day time moisturizer and their eye cream.  I really like both of these products.  I saw a difference in my skin in about 2 weeks.  Have her try them.  Plus they are not expensive.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P255905

This I got as a sample in the VIB swag bag and gave it to my mom. She LOVES it. We both saw a difference after the first use! 

I also really love the Ole Henrikson line. http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P124716 is a great set too! 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing