Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Anti-Aging Serum?

I’m looking for a good anti aging serum. Any suggestions?? I’m 43 and fighting fine lines under my eyes and forehead.

RE: Anti-Aging Serum?

Hi... I just turned 45 and trying a few things. See my response under the question Serum help for more details. But I definitely recommend Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum. I’m not one who will spend $80 on 1 product... bit this baby had me hooked when I tried the trial size. And a little goes a really long way.

RE: Anti-Aging Serum?

My favorite is Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Corrector. Use in morning and before bed on clean skin (I do neck and chest too.) In the a.m. let it dry til slightly tacky feel, then do your moisturizer, SPF, etc. Makeup goes on great. BUT, in your pic you look young and beautiful, so you may not feel spending a lot of $$ on age prevention. If you want something less expensive, my favorite serum ever is, believe it or not, two products by IT Cosmetics. Their no-rinse cream cleanser, Bye Bye Makeup, is a combo of makeup remover and skin softening serum. Very gentle, comforting, and effective. Their big-time serum is just called “Secret Sauce.” It’s an anti-aging moisturizer, but it works like a serum—a good one, unless you have a lot of aging and general skin problems. And another shopper recommended Algenist products to answer your question. Algenist products are highly effective. But they work slowly, they’re very costly, and I couldn’t get past the smell. It’s not really strong, or really gross. But if you’ve had a baby, you remember what the shoulders of your shirts smelled after you burped the baby all day, then she spit up a little each time, and make your shirt smell like dried baby barf. That’s what Algenist products smell like. They add no fragrances, so you can smell that algae a bit!! If you choose Algenist, try ordering only the Genius Algae Oil (pricey but worth it) and use it for under-eye fine lines, the eleven lines between your brows, and just spread a tiny bit over cheeks & forehead to moisturize dry skin. The GENIUS mini-line within Algenist is THE best stuff. I can’t spend that kind of money regularly, but one set of facial collagen-algae oil, lip collagen-algae oil, and the Genius Eye Cream was a lot of $$ well spent. Saved me from menopausal skin, when it seemed like nothing helped and my face looked like an old boot. But Algenist for 5-6 weeks brought my skin back to baseline. Then I could spend less and still have goor results. Good luck.

Re: Anti-Aging Serum?

@heatherp40 I second DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Day Serumi Also suggest Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex 0.5 oz/ 15 mLffor under your eyes. I’ve been using it and it works wonders!!

Anti-Aging Serum?

If you want something at sephora try help me by philosophy.

@heatherp40 ALGENIST - GENIUS Liquid Collagen is a life changer. LIFE CHANGER. I'm on my 3rd bottle and my skin has never looked better. 

@heatherp40 DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Day Serum works great for fine lines.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing