Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

Am I the only one that makeup helps with depression?

I know as soon as I got my makeup on fleek and am looking like someone completely different I love myself ....but should we get used to this feeling . Should we wear makeup to make us feel a whole lot better . I am for now

Re: Am I the only one that makeup helps with depression?

When I shop online at Sephora or in-store at Sephora I'm instantly happy.  When I put on their makeup I feel instantly better.  Yes, it absolutely helps with depression!  Always have a small project of some kind to do at your home.  It gives you something to look forward to.  Trust me it works.

I love makeup and how it makes me feel, I'm a collector of it. Love trying new items/brands and consider it a hobby. It is expensive to be a Rouge member, but I love it and think of it as an investment. To take care of my skin, hair and quality makeup to me is self care. Its ok to use it to help us feel better, nothing wrong with that 😄

Hi twilightnicky- I totally agree with you about self car...

Hi twilightnicky- I totally agree with you about self care. I know I always feel better when I do my makeup and hair- it's a nice little boost. I am a fragrance lover too and to me a spritz of perfume can also be uplifting. It can be expensive for sure, but I like your point about it being an investment. I also always think about there are much worse things I could be spending my money on!!!

Hi @beautyfindee,

I love this post. Makeup is typically seen as a superficial thing, that is just about appearance, but it's clearly about so much more. Makeup can help you feel more beautiful and confident (and who couldn't use more of that?!). Loving yourself is a life long journey and taking care of yourself is an admirable step.

Stay Gorgeous,

Penelope

Anonymous Insider

Yes, I agree with you, when we look good we get the confidence to carry ourselves. My sister had a problem of acne and she developed depression due to it, we had to take the help of Martine-voyance from http://www.martine-voyance.com/ who helped her to overcome from the anxiety and live with a new zeal. She started wearing makeup along with the skin treatment and she got positive results from it.

@beautyfindee I'm a big believer in that when we look better, we feel better!  Of course this is only true up to a point, but I will take any boost I can get 🙂

RE: Am I the only one that makeup helps with depression?

I feel the same way! And I think that as long as we know that we are beautiful with or without it, it doesn’t hurt to wear makeup if it makes you feel amazing. Xx
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing