Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers

About underline eyes wrinkles

Whenever I aply my concealer I got wrinkles... what I need to do it’s doesn’t get wrinkles

Re: About underline eyes wrinkles

A few tips from someone who has dry undereye skin, fine lines, and deeper lines which is where my creasing (err, wrinkle accentuation) tends to happen: 

“Creaseless” concealer does not exist. I’ve tried various concealers by NARS (Radiant Creamy is still my favorite), Huda, Lancôme, MUFE, Glossier, Tarte, MAC, Shashbox, Too Faced, BareMinerals, Bobbi Brown, Sephora, Urban Decay, Charlotte Tilbury, Jouer, and others I’m forgetting right now. They ALL fall into lines and, as a result, can accentuate wrinkles. Even the concealers that claim not to do this, absolutely do this. So, don’t rely on a concealer’s “no creasing” claims. Instead, rely on your undereye skincare. 

Consider an eye serum. There are plenty of serums that target wrinkles, and some are safe to use around the eye. Many people like The Ordinary Argireline Solution 10% Serum for Facial Wrinkles 1 oz/ 30 mL At night, I use DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum. I use it mostly to erase my undereye darkness caused by sun damage and to tighten up that crepey skin, but it’s also helping with my fine lines—very very slowly. 😂 That’s key with these serums: results take time. 

Moisturize the heck out of your undereyes. Depending on how dry your skin is, that could mean applying one layer of moisturizer, giving it 2-5 minutes to absorb, then applying a second layer of that same moisturizer, and maybe a third or fourth layer if needed. The goals are to seal in hydration and plump your skin up a bit—understanding that the only way to “erase” lines/wrinkles and sunken skin is injectable fillers. The more hydrated and moisturized your undereyes, the less dry they’ll look under any concealer. 

My current AM undereye routine is whichever serum I use on my entire face that morning (usually The Ordinary Buffet, but now I’m testing Youth to the People’s vitamin C “Superfoods” serum), then Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel, then sunscreen. There are plenty of other good eye creams/gels/oils out there, like Kora Organics Noni Radiant Eye Oil which I still occasionally use at night. Whichever one you use, make sure it’s great at sealing in hydration. 

Try applying moisturizer to damp skin. If your undereyes are quite dry by the time you reach your moisturizer step, tap some water on them. Your moisturizer should seal that hydration into your skin. 

Try an undereye primer. This may help hold concealer in place and might also fill in your lines a bit. Smashbox makes an undereye primer. You can also use any other primer that doesn’t irritate your undereye skin. You can even try an eyeshadow primer solely to hold concealer in place; I personally don’t like doing that, but it works for some folks. I find that SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 works nicely as both a non-eye-irritating sunscreen and a primer. 

When applying concealer, avoid your wrinkles if possible. This is tricky depending on where your lines are and why you’re using concealer in the first place. I use concealer to mask darkness. Some mornings, my darkness is primarily in my sunken tear troughs, so that’s exactly where I apply concealer—and I apply only the tiny amount needed for that task. I don’t carry it up toward my deeper set wrinkles. That way, there’s no chance of creasing. Other mornings, I’ve got dark circles completely under my eyes (due to lack of sleep or allergy-driven eye rubbing) and have to decide if I wanna bother covering them or not. 

Use less concealer and setting powder. The more concealer you apply, the greater the chance of caking and creasing. And you shouldn’t need much powder to set concealer. I mean, if you like doing the instagram/youtube concealer technique of “brightening” with lots of concealer, that’s cool, I won’t tell you not to. Makeup is a personal choice, after all. I’ll just say a lighter hand with concealer and powder can make a difference. 

I hope some of this helped! 

Re: About underline eyes wrinkles

I have to say you don't get wrinkles from the concealer when you wear it, but the concealer exacerbates the look of the wrinkles.  Which happened to me once and meant that I a) was not using the right concealer and/or b) was not using the right undereye cream.

For me it meant both.  Try using a primer with your concealer, one with silicones in it, which will make the concealer glide over better and potentially not settle in your wrinkles. Or try a different concealer.

Hope that helps, @happy523 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing