Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

53 and noticing loss of firmness and deeper wrinkles

Any recommendations for aging skin. I don’t necessarily want to look younger, I want to look good for my age. My lips and eyes are especially wrinkled. As per my face, the firmness is another one of my preoccupations. Because of covid I have a thingy budget. Finally, i  m a natural redhead and my skin is thin and porcelain. Please help

Re: 53 and noticing loss of firmness and deeper wrinkles

Look into vitamin c and retinol as ingredients. Retinol more for night, vitamin c more for day. I’ve also become a big fan of KORA Organics Noni Glow Radiant Eye Oil .34 oz / 10 mL. I just started using it and can already see a huge difference.

My dermatologist suggested that the only known ingredient that will help reverse signs of aging is retinol. The only known thing that can prevent some degree of aging is avoiding the sun and wearing sunscreen.

100% agree with @dvip 

In my 40's, any of the following worked well for me: La Mer, Dior, Derma Doctor, Algenist, Dr.Brandt, Peter Thomas Roth and Caudalie.

At 53, I would recommend trying Perricone products: Serum: Growth Factor Firming and Lifting Serum; Cream: Face Finishing & Firming Moisturizer; Eye: Eyelid Serum. Perricone also has a Vitamin C line that includes a nighttime treatment. 

If you want something less "pharma" try Charlotte Tillbury. Sephora offers a 3 part set for beginners that lasts quite a while. As a side note be careful with potent retinols!! 🌷

I love DermaDoctor

This is a total splurge but the NuFace FIX can work around the eyes, mouth and forehead and is amazing... due to covid I'm on a total budget too -- but I'd easily give up spending on anything else as this actually works unlike so many creams I've spent money on and not gotten any results.  I also have fair and sensitive skin and it hasn't been an issue using this.  Good luck!

I love products from The Ordinary. They make my dull dry skin smooth & my skin looks healthier. I also love the prices. 

Which products do you use?

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing