Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Age Defiers
|

47 and seeing it

Hello young friends! My skin is outraging my heart….help me regrow my lips and put the spring back in my eyelids! 
Tips and fixes appreciated!

Re: 47 and seeing it

I second the Buxom Lip glosses, especially the plumping ones. I notice the difference in my lips in pictures. 

Hey there, i bought the Peace Out eye retinol stick and its so-so. Im still looking for something better.

I heard about the NuFace gadjet, and its supposedly not great for long time use, i heard that from a derm on youtube.

Anyway, im still looking for a better cream to really hydrate the skin on top of my eyelids too.

As for the lips, i naturally have small lips, and it seems to be getting "worse" as i age;  the one product that seem to make my lips look good (when i use it) is the Charlotte Tillbury Collagen Lip Bath, its a lipgloss, not a treatment, but it has a few good ingredients. 

Have you looked at the NuFACE Trinity Facial Toning Device Original  with the lip/eyelid attachments yet?

@Januarybaby 

For eyes,  one thing you could try is an eye mask with copper-infused fabric, like the Illuminage Skin Rejuvenating Eye Mask with Anti-Aging Copper Technology (you can actually find less expensive versions on Amazon). While it might not necessarily work for everyone, and won't work "miracles", I have noticed an improvement in the look around my eye area when I'm using it.

For lips, glosses - especially "plumping" glosses like Buxom Full-On™ Plumping Lip Polish Gloss can help. You could also use lip liner on the outside of your natural lip line to make your lips appear fuller, use lighter lip colors, or use a slightly lighter color lipstick (or add gloss) to the center of your lips.

Sorry, but those problems can't really be fixed with skincare products, which is why no one has had suggestions.  These are problems for cosmetic surgery treatments.  You can get some improvement in your eyelids by using eye treatments with retinol if they are gentle enough for lid skin, but it's not going to make a huge difference.  For those specific problems, over the counter skincare is going to involve a lot of time and money wasted on products that will ultimately disappoint you.  If you want significant change, you're going to need a medspa.  Do your research before you go and look at a lot of their before and after photos to make sure you like their work.  Good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing