Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

which is better?murad,philosophy,boscia,goclear?

I have moderate acne and combo/oily skin. my acne is mainy on my forehead but has recently spread to my cheeks and chin. im looking for a whole new regime but i would like to get some advice for the following products first. i need a moisturizer that has spf, mattifying properties and hopefully something to treat my acne or at least not aggravate and cause more acne. i've narrowed it down to the following: 

-Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15

- Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF

- GoClear Moisturizing Sunscreen SPF 15

- Boscia Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15

should i try one of these products or should i not combine so much? (ie:just get a moisturizer that mattifys and get another product for spf)

i would also appreciate some advice as to which type of product to use to treat my acne as well. Any answers are much appreciated! Smiley Happy

Before you put anything that has SPF in it, I would sugge...

Before you put anything that has SPF in it, I would suggest getting your acne under control first. For the time being, wear a hat and sunglasses. If you wear light foundation powder, look for lines without bismuth and look for lines with titanium dioxide (equivalent to SPF). Even if the foundation will not state that there's SPF because the FDA regulates how much sunscreen ingredients are required in order to have a SPF logo on it, it'll still have enough sunscreen protection that won't hinder your acne-prone skin. AFTER you have your acne under control, I would then say Murad Oil-Control Mattifier is a good option based on the reviews. I hope this was helpful!

Also, to treat acne, I personally really like the clickR...

Also, to treat acne, I personally really like the clickR skincare line

Of those four choices, I would choose the murad mattifier...

Of those four choices, I would choose the murad mattifier. Its great, and feels light. and you can wear it over sunscreen to take away the greasey look. I love it!

Hi Connieeee,   It's been my experience that the best sol...

Hi Connieeee,

It's been my experience that the best solution for acne is to see a dermatologist. I wish someone would have convinced me a long time ago. I just started going in March and I can't tell you how great my skin looks. I started breaking out when I was in college and it was HORRIBLE. I was using Proactiv and that was keeping my acne under control, but then I decided to try some other stuff, and that was a big mistake. I tried Murad and it made my skin irritated and broke out more. Then I went back to Proactiv, then again I wanted to try something else and I tried Netrogena Skin ID, that was the WORST decision I've ever made. It made me break out more than I had ever before, but the pimples I was getting were now ingrown big and painful. After going back to proactiv and semi controlling my skin I heard about Philosophy (summer 2010) and gave that whole system a try. Again I had a horrible reaction to everything in that line, not even Purity was good for my skin. Again went back on Proactiv, and that was when I realized I needed professional help to keep my skin clean and clear. Now that I am using the products the dermatologist recommended my skin looks great. I use Josie Maran Argan Oil at night time now that its cold and its a great mositurizer for my skin without making it oily. I use neutrogena acne wash at night time and put on clendomycin morning and night, and I use retinal at night, and benzoyl peroxide wash in the morning, which is what she recommended. These products have become my best friends.

I don't want to discourage you from using any product but I do want to warn you to be careful. I look back at my pictures with moderate acne and I wish I would have gone to the dermatologist then. I wouldn't have some scarring I have now and I would've been happier a lot sooner.

I have been using netrogena oil free mositurizer which is SPF and that's great for my skin in the morning. But like I said now that its cold our skin needs more hydration, so I use Josie Maran Argan Oil at night time and that works wonders.

Good Luck!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors