Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

what is the best products to clear up acne scars for african american women in their 20s?

I have had acne since I was about 16, and now i am 23 with scars still and I usually use drugstore brand products like neutrogena, but I want to try something better that will really help lighten my scars and even my skin tone. Any suggestions will be helpful, thanx.

Tags:

Go Clear was created for darker complexions. To correct h...

Go Clear was created for darker complexions. To correct hyper pigmentation try Vinoperfect from Caudalie or the Truth Serum from Ole Henriksen. And yes very important. SPF!

three ingredients you should know about. they're in almos...

three ingredients you should know about. they're in almost all acne products, and are the backbone of the acne products industry. 

salicylic acne is the most common. Its wonderful at cleaning out pores, and keeping them clean. it helps with existing acne, and preventing. its a BHA, look for it on labels.

benzol peroxide is a little more rare. its in the acne moisturizer from clinique, and its one of the key ingredients in the proactive line. Its a great anti bacterial, and perfect in a moisturizer. put one on at night with 2.5 percent, and it'll help keep the bacteria that cause acne at bay.

as far as lightening your existing scars, lactic acid is GREAT. its an AHA, similar to glycolic acid, just derived from milk and not sugar. its going to help exfoliate your skin, encouraging new fresh skin. 

make sure to ALWAYS use sunscreen. I know it doesn't feel as great, but your dark spots will only get darker when exposed to sun. plus you'll age faster. 

check out cliniques acne solutions line. otherwise there are plenty of other low and high end lines that work great. look for the key ingredients, they're all the same basic compounds. hope that helped! knowledge is power!

Kate Somerville products!!

Kate Somerville products!!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors