Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

stubborn pimples/zits

I have two pimples/zits on my cheeks and NOTHING IS WORKING. I've been using benzoyl peroxide in the morning, and 2% salicylic acid and Tretinoin at night. It's been a few weeks since I got them and they're so stubborn. Those products that I mentioned above don't make a difference. Help!

Re: stubborn pimples/zits

I don't think they're the same. I double checked with mine and the one listed on Ulta/Target. There might be different options in store. I find that mass retailers don't really update their beauty/skincare/health online as much. 

Thanks, I will go look in the store Smiley Very Happy

This is what mine looks like 

Thanks. Now I know what to look for Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

I got fed up yesterday and bought a bottle of the Ionic since I haven't used a mask in ages (and probably should). Tried it this morning and I will give it a few weeks to get a balanced opinion of it.

I took a picture of the back, how does it compare to the ingredients in the Conditioning Mask?

Mine has sea silt, water, glycerin, butylene glycol, arctium lappa root extract, sodium, hydroxymethlgycinate. On the front, it says "burdock purifies and clarifies. clay draws out impurities." 

Rats on the Butylene, the last cleanser product (First Aid remover wipes) I had with that stuff stung and had a lingering burn. Turn #2 of this willow/clay blend tomorrow. Face is doing better but it could be cyclical hormones toning down. *fingers crossed*

Together they'd irritate your skin!  

Never tried Tretinoin but salicylic does not work on me, what does work are products containing sulfur, like Murad Clarifying mask or PTR sulfur mask for all over breakouts, or Mario Badescu drying cream for spot treatment.

have you tried Paula Choice - Resist BHA 9

Adapalene has worked for me. Especially for those hormonal cystic pimples. You may want to check out if you can get your hands on some. I think you can get it in amazon or if not try to see if you can get some Differin (prescription acne cream that contains Adapalene). Good luck, amigo.

@SirensSong

Differin (adapalene) is a prescription drug & shouldn't be purchased online.

I am aware, which is why I said "if you can get your hands on some". Smiley Wink Also when you don't have health care some resort to purchasing their medications/prescriptions online. Of course it's not ideal or "politically correct" but everybody manages in their own way.

@SirensSong

I understand what you're saying. I'm merely posting the obvious. It's a basic safety issue.

I swear by glycolic acid. Murad or PTR or a brand called Glycolix that can be purchased at Dermstore.com

@andyhtrieu you wrote:"...It's been a few weeks since I got them and they're so stubborn..."

Sounds like it's time to go back to your dermatologist for reevaluation of your current concerns since it's not responding to self- treatment (even) if you're using prescription topical products.

Great advice beauty4ashes!

Andyhtrieu, it sounds like you have some cystic acne and your dermatologist will be the one who will be able to help you best. Also, cystic acne is what can leave pits in your skin if the cysts remain in your skin too long. 

I dealt with cystic acne for about 10 years, so I know it is completely frustrating when nothing seems to work.  you just have to remember it's different than surface acne, so treatment for the surface of your skin (masks, salicylic acids; etc) won't work.

Hope this helps and that you have a nice doctor who is able to helpSmiley Happy

Agreed, most pimples last a few days not weeks. Smiley Sad It does sound like cystic acne, possibly in response to a stresser/allergen of some kind in your environment or diet (I know someone else that responds to cow cheese in this way). Give yourself some compresses to help bring down the swelling.

I recently got the Boscia black mask and it's done a very good job. I had a pimple on my chin, but it was one of those ones that are much deeper under the skin & stick around for a lot longer. After using the mask, what ever blemishes I had looked noticeably better. Sometimes I'll even just put the product on any problem areas, so I'm not constantly doing full face masks. 

Hope this helped! 

The Mario Badescu Drying cream (14.00) is great for spot treatments.  It comes in a little tub that would last a long time! I gave my  daughter a big scoop in another ocntainer, and still have a ton left.  

FYI Adapalene is the generic name for Differin.  It is a second-generation retinoid ( like retin-A only more gentle) and it works well to help control clogged pores and pimples. I use it in conjunction with Clindamycin lotion, which is an antibiotic lotion for the skin...my skin is great 2 weeks a onth, and a disaster 2 weeks a month. ugh!   It (The Adapalene)  comes in varying strengths and is a prescription product. I am not sure how much it costs if one does not have prescription coverage, but for me it was 15.00, much less than any othe skin care product.  the CLinddamycin lotion was less than 5.00 I believe. 

I second the drying cream.  I have a teenager and he kept coming into my bathroom to use mine (BIG NO NO) so I bought him his own. He loves it and thinks I'm the greatest mom EVER!  LOL

My two stubborn pimples are now just red giant domes on my face. There's no whitehead or anything. v__v

You have to try and bring it to a head! I read that someone said the other day to put face oil directly on it - it helps skin work to try and purge the infection and bring it to the top. Don't use drying products until there is actually a whitehead. 

It had a tiny white head last week. I may or may not have squeezed it out... heh.... They've been red domes for a few weeks, like I said ):

Time to go to Target!

It's so hard not to squeeze. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • upload_1157774273929029580.jpg
  • megzit.gif
  • yp6XhNT.gif
  • WP_20140724_015[1].jpg