cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

spf

hi!

im trying to find a sunscreen that best fits my routine, right now i am using murad’s spf 50 mineral sunscreen and it was doing me well at first until recently i think it may be the cause of my new break outs and closed comedones. I use a dove soap bar to wash my face, panoxyl benzoyl peroxide face wash, tower 28 sos spray, unscented Madagascar centella serum and cerave’s moisturizing cream with ceramides. sometimes i incorporate good molecules discoloration serum for dark spots. which as well isn’t doing so much. if somebody could help me out and give me recommendations for spf and a dark spot serum for sensitive acne-prone combo skin it’d be soooo appreciated.

Re: spf

@roomar I've had good luck with Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish, Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mL, and MDSolarSciences Mineral Creme 50. You might also want to consider trying double cleansing (using an oil-based cleanser before a water-based cleanser) in order to ensure that all of the sunscreen is being removed at night. 

Re: spf

for spf i use neutrogena clear face oil free sunscreen. it’s spf 50, and works really well for me and doesn’t break me out. as for as dark spot serum, i use azelaic acid which was prescribed to me, it helps with my acne and dark spots(fades with time, about 3 months with consistent use). ik paula’s choice and the ordinary have versions of azelaic acid if u don’t have access to a prescription of it 

The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

Paula's Choice 10% Azelaic Acid Booster 1 oz/ 30 mL 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing