cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

skincare finds

Hello,

I've been struggling with pores for the past few years. Wondering if there's any products that could help to reduce pore size?

Tags:

Re: skincare finds

The size of your pores is generally determined by your skin type. If you are oily skin they will be naturally bigger since your oil production is more active. The thing you can do is to make sure they are not clogged because that can stretch them to be bigger than they are. I love any products with BHA in it since it targets oils better than AHA. It’s not a miracle and takes at least 1 month (like any skin care) to start showing results. But these are the products I’ve tried and quite liked. 

Farmacy Mini Deep Sweep 2% BHA Pore Cleaning Toner with Moringa + Papaya 1.7 / 50 The INKEY List Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) Blemish + Blackhead Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL Youth To The People Mini Mandelic Acid + Superfood Unity Exfoliant 4 oz / 118 mL 

Re: skincare finds

Hi, @juleyaa ,  Unfortunately, you can't actually permanently reduce pore size. Products like the one you tagged, products with retinol, or other exfoliants can clear your pores, which will make them appear smaller. You could also try something like the Hanacure mask, or an egg white/egg cream mask, which can provide temporary tightening.

Final tips - a pore-targeting primer, like Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer or Smashbox Photo Finish Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Primer 1 oz/ 30 mL  can help minimize the appearance of pores. For foundation, a matte foundation works best for issues with pores. Avoid any make-up that is "radiant" or has "light-reflecting" properties in the area of concern, as that will actually accentuate pores.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing