cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

skin care

I have a 13 year old daughter and a 16 year old son. Both have really bad acne on their face and backs. Mostly black heads. What can I use to help treat this. My son has slight oiliness and my daughter doesn't.

RE: skin care

skin care

i had acne for 16 years (since i was 10) and i now use DMK facials. its exclusive to certain spas but its worth it. 10 facials for $1200 and my acne is gone. go to their website and search for the nearest location. its well worth it and now i have stop using skincare all together since my face has changed.

Re: skin care

@sarah1012 Using a gentle liquid cleanser if a must.  I highly rec First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL.  If you are looking for drugstore, CeraVe makes nice cleansers.  For blackheads, BHA is essential.  I only rec Paula's Choice.  It comes in 1, 2, 4 and 9%.  I rec starting with 2% and taking it from there.  For your son's slight oiliness, oil blotting sheets can help when used routinely.  Target has nice knock-offs.  If he needs some extra help, CLINIQUE Pore Refining Solutions Charcoal Mask 3.4 oz/ 100 mLis good.

You can try OTC Differin, but I think the Rx version works a lot better.  If they are still struggling, ask a derm if they are appropriate for Retin-A.  Take it slowly, and they should be fine.

As for the body, treat it the same way you would a face.  And remember to use a gentle bodywash.  I like Target's knock-off of Aveeno Naturals.

Best of luck!  🙂

RE: skin care

Hi! I’ve had acne for such a long time and saw dermatologist and everything! I couldn’t find anything that worked consistently until I tried Mary Kay clear proof set. It’s $45 for the whole thing but has worked great. Also, putting tea tree oil on the breakout itself may help as well but it may dry the skin out at first so be aware and use it every few days at first
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing