Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

proactiv?

i have been using a regular cleanser and 10% benzoyl peroxide toner and light weight moisturizer to control acne but the spots are just not going away like they used to with this regimen i think that if i used the proactive extra strength formula at night and then subbedin a different moisturizer in the day my skin might clear up faster and stay clearer because of the extra benzoyl peroxide. What do you think?

When I tried ProActiv, I hated it.,  Not only did it not...

When I tried ProActiv, I hated it.,  Not only did it not help out my skin, but it actually created rashes.  And I used it a couple times a week to allow my skin to heal from it.  Not a good product at all.  Too strong in my opinion.  You can try it and see how it works for you, since all skin is different, but I would be cautious.

Personally proactive did more harm than good to my skin:(...

Personally proactive did more harm than good to my skinSmiley Sadits a really harsh formula! I tried skinID and am forever hookedSmiley Happy best acne medication I've tried!! Definitely recommendSmiley Happy

Re: Personally proactive did more harm than good to my skin:(...

I also tried Proactiv with disastrous results. My worst acne was during the time I used Proactiv. I don't know how it would work for you, but with my personal results I can't say I'd recommend it.

I used Proactive like 10 years ago and it didn't work the...

I used Proactive like 10 years ago and it didn't work then. I'm pretty sure their formula has changed now, but if they have to keep on trying to change their formula, that just means people are reacting badly to it. I think it's best to stick with three steps and three products in total. If your skin can handle it, try using salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide in your regimen. While benzoyl peroxide irritates my skin, if your skin tolerates it, go for it!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors