Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

keeps coming back

Whenever I try a new product it helps with my acne for a couple days then it just comes back worse. I have oily skin most of the time but sometimes it is dry. Also do you guys now of any good moisturizers could use?

RE: keeps coming back

This used to happen to me when I tried over-the-counter acne products. Try using a topical acne treatment prescribed by your doctor. You can see improvement within two weeks but the treatment is usually a few months. For most, that is a surefire way to see real results.

Re: keeps coming back

Hi @Leihlani. I've been in your place so many times where I would have a breakout, and then in my rush to treat it, I would purchase a new product in the hopes that it would treat my acne overnight. All of that just made my skin worse. My advice to you would be to stick with a set of products for at least a month to see how it goes. I think acne prone skin really needs balance, so I love the Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL as my morning moisturizer, and then the Clarins Lotus Balancing & Hydrating Face Treatment Oil 1 oz as my night time moisturizer. I also think that acid exfoliation can help greatly; I'm currently using the tarte Knockout Tingle Treatment Toner 5 oz/ 150 mL, but I've used the DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum in the past and I'm currently using the Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL once a week as a mask. I hope this helps, and feel free to ask any additional questions! 

@LeihlaniWhat exact products do you currently use? What type of acne ingredients are you trying? You sound dehydrated and possibly unbalanced.

What do you mean by worse? What do you see before and after using an acne product? It might be a reaction instead.

Actually we did just move and it is in a higher altitude.

But also I don't think it would only be that.

@Leihlani Without knowing your current routine and products, it's hard to make suggestions about what might be going on and what might be more helpful. 🙂

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing