Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

how to mattify the skin without drying

I have acne prone combination skin. I'm on tretnoin (retinol) and use aha/bha during the day. this is the only thing that keeps me acne free however I always appear oily. I used to use powders, blotting sheets etc but I cant stand it anymore. I need a good moisturizer or my skin feels incredibly dry, a lightweight one wont cut it. how can I get rid of the oil without dehydrating my skin? any recommendations/ products ?

Re: how to mattify the skin without drying

@keghanit sounds like maybe your skin is just dehydrated, I would try putting a hudrating serum like Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL, Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Hyaluronate Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL or Moon Juice Plump Jelly Hyaluronic Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL is my favorite. Good budget options are THE ORDINARY - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 or The Ordinary Marine Hyaluronics 1 oz/ 30 mL along with a hydrating toner under whatever moisturizer you're using.

I used to get super oily patches in my T-zone and they're much better since adding in a toner and hydrating serum. My favorite moisturizer is Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL, though it is pretty lightweight it has a super nice satin (though not matte) finish to it. Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL might be a good option if you want a more serious moisturizer though it'll have a little more sheen to it if you put a lot on

Re: how to mattify the skin without drying

Almost forgot, Skinfix Redness Recovery + Antioxidant Peptide Treatment Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is an amazing option for an overnight moisturizer- really soothing, soaks in quickly, and helps my skin recover from my nightly retinol

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing