Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

hormonal acne

Hey all,

So my hormonal acne has come back with a vengeance over the last 4 months. Every month now is a pubertry-esque breakout. Ugh! I've tried Murad, which actually made me breakout even worse. Started with some Korean skincare a month ago and using the Neutrogena acne mask daily 3 weeks ago. Breakout worse than ever - all over my face instead of just my chin now.

Does anyone have a miracle line that works for hormonal acne breakouts? I have super sensitive skin so my skin breaks out worse with harsh acne skincare products. HELPPPPP. 🙂 

RE: hormonal acne

Try the drunk elephant glycolic night serum. It is amazing, just make sure to wash it off in the morning. Also try the peter Thomas Roth spot treatment if you get a nasty blemish. It has sulfur and glycolic acid, and I find it’s more gentle than traditional treatments with bp or salicylic acid. Personally, traditional acne treatments don’t work for me... I started using AHAs in my products and it made a huge difference!

RE: hormonal acne

OTC Differin gel!!! I just shared this in another post reply, but it’s been the only product to truly control my acne and not irritate my sensitive skin. You can get the OTC version at Target (under $15) or consult a dermo about getting a prescription for it. Depending on your skin type, and if you don’t use one already, you may want to look into using a hydrating/non acne fighting moisturizer. Sometimes acne increases as a result of overly stripped skin.
Anonymous Insider

hormonal acne

just bought drunk elephant... waiting for it in mail. Im praying it helps

Re: hormonal acne

@SophieBowman It can be hard to find depending on your area, as it is not sold in sehpora or ulta, usually only spas. Image skin care, Clear Cell line. This is the only thing that has helped my acne at all. I have hormonal acne, it used to be horrific but this line has helped so much i only get one or two bumps a week as apposed to 20+ at a time. As a last resort you can order these products from Amazon or Walmart online, but they may not be authentic. Specifically what helped me are: Clear Cell Cleanser, Acne scrub, and Acne lotion (not hydrating but more of a spot treatment). They also have a serum, masque and some other products in this line. Most of the spas around here have a kit of trial sizes so you can try before you purchase full size. If the spa you go to offers it (best luck would be a med spa) purchase the low dose topical tretinoin. This made a radical difference in my skin. Best of luck!

Re: hormonal acne

Thank you, lovely! Really appreciate this advice. Will give it a go! 🙂 Xx

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing