cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

dark spot? hyperpigmentation?

IMG-5648.jpgIMG-5649.jpgHello, 

I have been struggling with my skin and I do not know what to do about this. If someone please could help me in any way I would love and appreciate it. 

Tags:

Re: dark spot? hyperpigmentation?

I struggle with hormonal breakouts. The blind pimples that hurt terribly! I have found that using herbivore blue tansy (is calming) face mask 3xs weekly really helps. I also love drunk elephant tlc framboos. I use a salicylic acid face wash. It seems that chemical exfoliants work way better for me than the grinding of physical exfoliants, which can make acne worse. I would recommend also speaking with a derm doctor. Also, for black heads I cannot recommend Paula's Choice 2% BHA enough! These are products that have changed my oily, dull, and sun damaged skin. Retinol is also a wonderful option. Be careful with it! It can be drying. I only use it 2xs a week. Drunk elephant A-passioni and Shani Darden retinol reform. Both awesome! Oh and a vitamin C serum will help heal and decrease the look of you dark spots. Drunk elephant also makes a great serum! Having skin that won't calm is horrible. I would love to share before and after pictures of what these products have done for me. Life changing! I would speak with a doctor also if you can. They can offer you prescription grade retinol. I hope this has helped. You're not alone! 

20210711_143102.jpg

20210410_112333.jpg

20210207_152304.jpg

20210711_143017.jpg

I figured out how to share with you before and after! I started really getting into skincare in February. This is approximately 5 months.

It’s a little pricey, but I’d highly recommend trying Dr. Dennis Gross’ Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peels. They’re great! They also sometimes have a special Pore Refining kit/bundle that comes with peels, a serum and a cleanser, which is a better deal than buying the peels on their own. (It’s the same price for the same amount of peels, but with the serum and cleanser essentially thrown in for free). I think Sephora currently has a 3-peel sample set if you want to use 100 of your Sephora points in the Rewards Bazaar. 3 days’ worth should be enough for you to get a sense of whether they are for you or not!

Another product that might help is also First Aid Beauty’s Facial Radiance Niacinimide Dark Spot Serum. I’m not sure if it’s necessarily for acne, but I like it for my dark spots, and I think it’s helping. At first, I found that it burned my skin, so I stopped using it for a day or two. Since then, though, I’ve had no issues and have actually come to like the product! I ordered my second bottle just a few days ago! 

Good luck!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos6
  • IMG-5648.jpg
  • IMG-5649.jpg
  • 20210207_152304.jpg
  • 20210711_143017.jpg
  • 20210410_112333.jpg