Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

cystic acne and scarring

I really need an acne cleanser for my face, I dont have a lot but frequently get cystic blemishes. Ive tried Murad and it made me breakout so bad before my wedding I have scarring now. My skin is combo and very sensitive. any thoughts? 

Because of the causes of cystic acne, I have never found...

Because of the causes of cystic acne, I have never found any cleanser to make any significant difference. The best you can do with a cleanser is to use a gentle foaming PH neutral cleanser that you VERY gently  use on your face. I have used Philosophy's On a clear day Cleanser, Clean and Clear foaming cleanser, Cosmedicine foaming cleanser for oily skin, and my current favorite is the cleanser from acne.org- but all worked for me without much variation. 

the key to treating cystic acne is going to be in your post-cleansing routine.  be very gentle with your face, as any kind of prodding or rubbing will irritate your skin.  if im not sure if my cleanser is PH neutral, I use a toner afterwards. For me, the most effective routine i have found is applying a heavy coating of benzoyl peroxide (you really can't be stingy with this), and moisturizer twice a day. but for those nasty breakouts that still happen, I really like DDF sulfur mask- you can use it once a week as instructed, or as an over night on the spot treatment, and it makes a huge difference. 

I've struggled with the same problem for about 12years no...

I've struggled with the same problem for about 12years now! You name it, I've tried it- including going to the dermatologist, using prescription meds/topical creams, and chemical peels- nothing seemed to help!

Not sure if I out grew the problem or if it's the products I now use but I feel like I actually have a decent handle on my skin.

I use St. Ives Apricot scrub for blackheads & blemishes twice a day, I also use ROC creme every night and always, alwayssss remove makeup before bed using neutrogena makeup remover pads (then wash).

The Doodle:   You mentioned applying benzole peroxide? As...

The Doodle:

You mentioned applying benzole peroxide? As in, peroxide that comes in the brown bottle, lol? Or those ingredients in specific products? Just curious! : )

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors