Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

breaking out so bad :( pls help!!

I am a 21 yo with combination skin leaning more towards oily. I usually get random little breakouts that are easy to resolve but for the past month I have been breaking out non-stop in my chin and cheek area. I originally thought it was because I was wearing a mask more often so I limited engaging in situations that required a mask but haven't noticed any difference at all, it's actually only been getting worse lol. I have been using the Cera-v cleanser and moisturizing and the paula's choice BHA solution for around 2 years now without any major issues. I also have stopped wearing makeup to help my skin clear up quicker but have seen absolutely no improvement. I am looking for any and all clean skin care recommendations. I have been heavily looking into purchasing the Youth to the People Superfood Cleanser so if anyone has personal experiences with that as well, I'd love to hear! Thank you in advance!! ❤️

Re: breaking out so bad :( pls help!!

@bm0724 I really like the YTTP Cleanser, it's really gentle and not stripping. Sorry you've been struggling with acne so much. A lot of times chin acne can be hormonal, have you had any changes in that regard? Or any other changes in your skincare? You could try adding some benzoyl peroxide or differin gel to your routine and alternate that with your BHA. Just make sure not to overexfoliate your skin.

Re: breaking out so bad :( pls help!!

I have the exact same problem! I got chin acne this summer out of no where and it just kept getting worse and more painful. Also thought it could have been my mask, and I went make-up free, but it still kept happening. I ended up trying CLINIQUE Acne Solutions™ Clinical Clearing Gel 1 oz/ 30 mL as a spot treatment on that area and it has helped significantly with the occurrence of my breakouts. I originally got the 15ml bottle to try and I just repurchased because I liked it so much. I noticed results starting after about a week and a half.

I also have used a charcoal mask a few times a week to help try to shrink my pores. But the Clearing Gel has definitely been a heavy lifter for me to begin to calm things down. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing