Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

best skin care for acne prone skin

hey girls! i have pretty acne prone skin, it isnt horrible but it will break out at least once a month (normally it’s a couple on my cheeks or around my mouth) and all the time my skin is decently red. my question is, what is the best skin care for this type of skin? thank you!

best skin care for acne prone skin

Definitely try to stick to mild products to prevent increasing the redness on your skin. I have a lot of redness too on my cheek area and chin. Avoid using mechanical exfoliants such as coarse scrubs and harsh brushes bexuase I found these to further increase my redness. Niacinamide with Zinc, Azelaic acid, and chemical exfoliators (salicylic acid (a BHA) with AHAs such glycolic acid and lactic acid) have all helped decrease my redness. A note about the chemical exfoliators- if you have never used them before, start out slow and increase usage to 2-3 times a week so you don't strip your skin too much. I really like the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Skin Peels as a chemical exfoliator but they are very pricey. I will be trying out the Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution to see if it gives similar results

Re: best skin care for acne prone skin

Prevention is key! Even without active breakouts I follow a daily skin care regimen to prevent or lessen future breakouts and to avoid skin congestion that can lead to worse breakouts.. chemical exfoliants are great for this!

I have combination oily, acne prone skin and I swear by Paula’s Choice for skin care! My favorite products from them:

*2% BHA liquid exfoliant (skin perfecting) - used every night

*2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment - used every other morning

Other skincare products I swear by:

*The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% serum - used every other morning

*Elta MD UVClear broad spectrum sunscreen spf 46 - used every morning to avoid dark spots & since you will be using chemical exfoliants sunscreen is a must.

*cerave foaming facial cleanser / smartly unscented gentle facial cleanser from target / paula’s Choice skin balancing cleanser*

*to remove makeup I use Garnier micellar water (with the pink cap) 

*if you need light moisturizers either glossier priming moisturizer or Clinique dramatically different gel, those worked well for me and never broke me out..

Hope this helps! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing