Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

acne scars

hi ! i have had acne for about 5 years and i really want to get rid of my scars because theyre really hyperpigmented and prominent. i was wondering what some good products were? also are there any acne treatment products that work for you?

Re: acne scars

About to get microneedling for scarring, super nervous and excited

Hi! I also have scars and I got prescribed retin-a from my primary care physician which has helped. I have also been using the Pixi Glow tonic which I believe has helped reduce my scars. Also, I’ve been using the Kosas Revealer foundation and concealer since it has ingredients in it that are good for acne prone skin. I believe it has helped my scars as well. A quick tip, if you live in a humid climate and feel like the Kosas revealer concealer and foundation leave you too shiny, use the Urban Decay All Nighter Ultra Matte setting spray or Tarte Amazonian Clay setting powder to get rid of the glow. 

Anything with salicylic acid is really helpful!!

Have you tried going to esthetician? Microdermabrasion and skin pen treatments work well. 

That is an excellent suggestion. I'll have to try that for myself as well. My sister-in-law is going to esthetician school right now and set to graduate in April. I am currently scheduling with her once a month for a facial while she's in school for practice and it only costs $35!!!! A steal!!! I 100% recommend going to an esthetician school for a cheap nice facial. I plan to get micro-needling from her once she gets the extra training for it soon. I hadn't tried microdermabrasion and she can do that. I'll definetly ask her!!!

@sheepyp13 
Have you been to a dermatologist? 

yeah and they just told me to use sunscreen more often 😞

What's your current routine, @sheepyp13?

i use a cetaphil cleanser in the morning with vitamin c serum and moisturizer with spf and before i sleep i use the first aid beauty gentle cleanser and cosrx snail mucin and retinol and i sometimes use masks? my toner is the ordinary glycolic acid but i just started using it last week

@sheepyp13  Try Florence by mills products there at ulta the are very efficient and effective 

they help a lot my acne is almost gone and I’ve had it for two years it’s a miracle just don’t use there berry in love pore mask it may make u breakout but other then that it works well they have an online shop but they only ship into the US but ulta will ship wherever so enjoy

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing