Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

acne problem.

i am a teenager and i have acne, school starts soon and i need help! please give me some suggestions!!

Re: acne problem.

Hey there!!
Depends on what kind of acne it is and what your skin care routine is! Be sure to use cleansers and look into exfoliating! Maybe a BHA.

A product that works wonders for acne on spot treatment is Kate Sommervilles Acne treatment. They also good cleansers and foam masks!!

Good luck!

Anonymous Insider

I have the same problem but is there an alternative to BHA? I usually get a burning feeling due to how acidic BHA is..

I used to have bad breakouts and I would try everything I could to clear my skin, but sometimes using a ton of products can be more harmful and make your skin more irritated. Just be aware and try not to put a bunch of stuff on your face all at once. 

@OphiliaGates Start with a liquid cleanser.  I like Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser; but some BICers don't rec foaming washes, so I'll let you decided which one is right for you.

BHA is a must; I only rec Paula's Choice.  It comes in 1, 2 and 9%.

Clean & Clear Persagel for spot treatments.

Oil blotting sheets for use throughout the day; Target makes nice inexpensive ones.

If you are still struggling, try OTC Differin.  If that doesn't work, then I rec seeing a dermatologist and seeing if you are a candidate for the higher concentration of Differin or Retin-A.

I personally think you only need a moisturizer if you suffer from dryness.  If this is the case, then CeraVe PM is popular, gentles and rec'd by MDs.

Good luck!

ok! Thank you for the recommendations and ideas. I will be sure to try them out! 

@greeneyedgirl107

What does your current skincare routine look like? At a bare minimum, you'll want a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and with acne- a spot treatment. I'd also highly recommend getting into the habit of wearing sunscreen on a daily basis. 

i am using a foaming skin cleanser from EQUATONE but I am getting minimum results. Thanks for the ideas and suggestions, I will try them out and see if it helps!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing