Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Re: acne and acne scars

It looks like a bad case of teen acne. My son has that, too. In the end, nothing over the counter worked. I took him to a dermatologist and he's on prescription Tazorac, which is the only thing that worked.  If you can't do that, I suggest Differin gel. It used to be a prescription drug, it's a retinol, but now is over the counter. You can get it at Target or Ulta Beauty or other drugstores. @michelle2479 

Re: acne and acne scars

Although I'll preface this by saying it's probably best to talk to a dermatologist or skin care professional about specific concerns...

Last summer I had something that looked similar to this. It was treated and diagnosed as papulopustular rosacea. I switched all my skin care to things geared towards sensitive skin and got a prescription from a doctor which helped a lot.

So its complicated to give specific advice, but if you're looking to treat the bigger spots and prevent future breakouts I def reccomend trying gentle cleansers (Neutrogena and la Roche posay have great options, not carried by sephora unfortunately), a vitamin c Paula's Choice C15 Vitamin C Super Booster 0.67 oz/ 20 mL #/glycolic acid The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL # regime, and the thing that worked best for me were acne spot treatment dots like Peace Out Acne Champs 

Of course, get enough sleep and stay hydrated! Good luck!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing